Post Your Rig!

NvmQBaD.jpg

This is my rig so far. I wanted to wait until it's completely finished but I just can't haha. I've been playing for 20 years, never really did anything besides play in a band for a while, cut an album, played lots of shows, and I tracked a song for the WWE (theme song for a wrestler). I'm 34 years old, came into a good deal of money and decided screw it, I'm going to buy a really good rig. I had the Orange Cab and head previously.

In my rig:

Axe FX 2
MFC 101
2 EV-1 Expression Pedals
Mission EP1 Wah Pedal
Forman Power Conditioner
Korg Pitchblack Pro Rack Tuner
Matrix 1000FX 2U Power Amp
Orange PPC 4x12 Speak Cab w/vintage 30's
Rack and Cab case custom built by Clydesdale in Canada

I'm still waiting for my MFC101 labels and my NYC Pedalboard. Once I have the pedalboard I'm going to take it to this guy locally and have him wire it with TRS cables. I was going to do it myself, but I'm just not into it haha.

I had Clydsdale build the cab case so I tip it on it's side and the wheels out the side and the speaker cab is now oriented correctly. The reason for this is because the PPC4x12 is made to sit on the ground as it really shakes the floor, it's got stock big rubber strips on the bottom for stability. So if I close the cab and put it on it's wheels, there are rubber feet sticking out the side, this is so when it's on it's side, it's sitting on the rubber feet. This helps the cab do what it's still made to do.

For me, I just don't need anything else. I personally don't understand why people have more rack equipment. What else is needed? The Axe FX has it all! I know the Axe FX has a decent tuner, but I like the KORG because it really works great, and is really visual. It also looks great in a rack. I got the 2U matrix power amp instead of the 1u because I just think it looks better, it's quieter (like that matters when it's cranked) and it has bigger fans, and is the same price as the 1u.

I am no longer using my Orange Rockerverb 50 head, or my Hughes and Kettner head. I'm going to sell these, as well as all the pedals below them.

I'll give another update when it's 100% complete.

11138671_819432894798658_3707795048091710942_n_zps8kstbppb.jpg

This is my rig so far. I wanted to wait until it's completely finished but I just can't haha. I've been playing for 20 years, never really did anything besides play in a band for a while, cut an album, played lots of shows, and I tracked a song for the WWE (theme song for a wrestler). I'm 34 years old, came into a good deal of money and decided screw it, I'm going to buy a really good rig. I had the Orange Cab and head previously.

In my rig:

Axe FX 2
MFC 101
2 EV-1 Expression Pedals
Mission EP1 Wah Pedal
Forman Power Conditioner
Korg Pitchblack Pro Rack Tuner
Matrix 1000FX 2U Power Amp
Orange PPC 4x12 Speak Cab w/vintage 30's
Rack and Cab case custom built by Clydesdale in Canada

I'm still waiting for my MFC101 labels and my NYC Pedalboard. Once I have the pedalboard I'm going to take it to this guy locally and have him wire it with TRS cables. I was going to do it myself, but I'm just not into it haha.

I had Clydsdale build the cab case so I tip it on it's side and the wheels out the side and the speaker cab is now oriented correctly. The reason for this is because the PPC4x12 is made to sit on the ground as it really shakes the floor, it's got stock big rubber strips on the bottom for stability. So if I close the cab and put it on it's wheels, there are rubber feet sticking out the side, this is so when it's on it's side, it's sitting on the rubber feet. This helps the cab do what it's still made to do.

For me, I just don't need anything else. I personally don't understand why people have more rack equipment. What else is needed? The Axe FX has it all! I know the Axe FX has a decent tuner, but I like the KORG because it really works great, and is really visual. It also looks great in a rack. I got the 2U matrix power amp instead of the 1u because I just think it looks better, it's quieter (like that matters when it's cranked) and it has bigger fans, and is the same price as the 1u.

I am no longer using my Orange Rockerverb 50 head, or my Hughes and Kettner head. I'm going to sell these, as well as all the pedals below them.

I'll give another update when it's 100% complete.

11138671_819432894798658_3707795048091710942_n_zps8kstbppb.jpg

Pretty cool looking rig! Post more pick when you get pedalboard done.

Sent from my iPhone

Lots of great rigs. The only odd thing to me is the lack of power protection in so many of 'em.

Lots of great rigs. The only odd thing to me is the lack of power protection in so many of 'em.
I feel ya. Though most of the time I plug my power strip into my bass player's power conditioner. No need for one really since my rig sits next to his 90% of the time.

No pics... not much to look at. ;)

Axe-FX II XL+ in a full-depth molded 2U Gator case with a Vafam breakout panel across the back for (from left to right) stereo mains, FX return/send, USB, 7-pin MIDI, MIDI out and power. A power splitter runs a little universal-voltage wall-wart for MIDI phantom power.

The controller is an FAMC LF+ Pro+; no expression pedals. I carry that (on rare occasions) in a padded Gator bag.

I plug in to an A&H analog board for recording, monitored in the room through QSC K-series tops and a sub. For practice I don't fire up the studio gear, but instead use a JBL EON 610.

Various guitars, the newest of which is a 2014 Parker Fly Deluxe.

Back
Top Bottom