New 18.00 Public Beta

Can anyone elaborate about the Recto presence controls of the real amps vs. the models?
I've read different things.
Some people say that setting the presence control to 5.00 is the same as 0.00 on the actual amps.
I've also read (I think CK said this somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong) that the full range of the real recto presence control is between somewhere around 0.00 to 2.00 and that the rest of the range (2.00 to 10.00) gives the amps more presence than the actual amps?
I don't mind any of the options but I'm just interested to know more about this. :)

Great question! I'd like to know this for all Rectos as I fell in love with those beasts again!

Can anyone elaborate about the Recto presence controls of the real amps vs. the models?
I've read different things.
Some people say that setting the presence control to 5.00 is the same as 0.00 on the actual amps.
I've also read (I think CK said this somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong) that the full range of the real recto presence control is between somewhere around 0.00 to 2.00 and that the rest of the range (2.00 to 10.00) gives the amps more presence than the actual amps?
I don't mind any of the options but I'm just interested to know more about this. :)

The Recto presence controls work just like the amp.

CLIFF!!! What did you do to the Herbie 3??? It is kicking my ASS so much I can't sit down!!! WOW!!

I didn't do anything to it yet. It's not a G3 model. But every model, G3'd or not, benefits from the new algorithms. That model was pretty accurate to begin with so it probably won't change much when it does get G3'd.

It is brighter and punchier, I can use the sat switch and it doesn't get flubby when I chunk. Thanks a lot,this is my favorite amp. I run it into a VHT 2902 and four KRANK cabs and it kills! I am now sterile I think.

It is brighter and punchier, I can use the sat switch and it doesn't get flubby when I chunk. Thanks a lot,this is my favorite amp. I run it into a VHT 2902 and four KRANK cabs and it kills! I am now sterile I think.

I'm joining you in your sterility. First time I pulled up my Recto Orange/Herbie 2+ on 18.0 it blew my balls clean off.

Cliff care to weigh in on why the kemper fanboys are going nuts over the 3.0 release today?

I own both systems and though I like the kemper the Axe wins in every regard. I played around with 3.0 today and heard nothing special especially compared to Axe 18B.

Is it all just hype? I also feel you being honest doesnt hurt or help anyone so I am not looking for a flame war. I would just love to know what the biggest expert on the planet knows on the subject.

Cliff care to weigh in on why the kemper fanboys are going nuts over the 3.0 release today?

I own both systems and though I like the kemper the Axe wins in every regard. I played around with 3.0 today and heard nothing special especially compared to Axe 18B.

Is it all just hype? I also feel you being honest doesnt hurt or help anyone so I am not looking for a flame war. I would just love to know what the biggest expert on the planet knows on the subject.

This is the AXE FII discussion page, not the Kemper discussion page. Sorry, I sound mean don't I? I'm a Fractal man and not a Kemper fan. I am a Chevy man and not a ford fan and don't like hearing about Fords.

Ford vs Chevy Truck Pull

Wow... that ended pretty conclusively!
laughing.gif

Obviously you didnt read my post. There is no bigger fan of fractal than mean. I own an Ultra, three Axe fx 2s, one Xl, an Mfc, every cab pack, cab lab, and an fx8 on order. I also have spread the word to get several friends to buy too.

I see no harm in asking Cliff if he sees anything special in the competitor's new software launch because I sure dont. Fractal knows competition is a good thing so I dont think they have any problems commenting on the matter and perhaps further promoting why they are better. I think your post to me is out of line sir.

Just another question about the new Recto models. Are they still based on the tube rectifier setting? If so, you could get close to the silicon diode rectifier by reducing the sag parameter to about 2.00.
Now as the default value of sag had changed what would be a good approximation for the diode rectifier setting?

Disclaimer: Yeah, i know, i should use what sounds best to. but sometimes it's just fun trying to as close to the "real thing" as possible

Obviously you didnt read my post. There is no bigger fan of fractal than mean. I own an Ultra, three Axe fx 2s, one Xl, an Mfc, every cab pack, cab lab, and an fx8 on order. I also have spread the word to get several friends to buy too.

I see no harm in asking Cliff if he sees anything special in the competitor's new software launch because I sure dont. Fractal knows competition is a good thing so I dont think they have any problems commenting on the matter and perhaps further promoting why they are better. I think your post to me is out of line sir.
I apologize, just Funning. No harm in asking Cliff. I just wonder if it bothers him. Probably not. Again, I apologize. The video is funny right?

This is the AXE FII discussion page, not the Kemper discussion page. Sorry, I sound mean don't I? I'm a Fractal man and not a Kemper fan. I am a Chevy man and not a ford fan and don't like hearing about Fords.

Try the Dizzy V4 SLVR 4 definitive brutality \M/ !! not G3-ified yet but man it sounds good !
Ford Vs Chevy now you've done it lol
<<- wanna Race ?

LOL all good man. Best video ever!

Cliff is a big boy and a genius. I cant speak for him but I assume he doesnt mind talking about it. Studying all the tech out there keeps a company ahead of the pack.

I also know kemper 3.0 isnt better but would love to know why they think it is. Their promotion of it has been quite confusing and my testing today resulted in finding nothing new tone wise.

Kemper v3 isn't about audio improvements, judging from the release notes.

Kemper 3.0 ha just a junkyard LS w a Chinese turbo, we've got 18 and 18 is bigger than 3.0 plus our Quick Rod has what 3 gears now !! that's some serious horsepower there folks .

Back
Top Bottom