New 18.00 Public Beta

Spawn's Tube Type = EL34/6CA7.
Shouldn't that be KT88?

Negative feedback: 1.88 - was 1.00
LTriode1 Plate Frequency: 2199 Hz - was 4000hZ
LTriode2 Plate Frequency: 40000Hz - was 7800hZ
+ some other parameters have changed as well

Last edited:
I don't know if the question has come up yet, but since fw18 is a major release that changes the overall tone, will there be an updated factory soundbank as well?

I don't know if the question has come up yet, but since fw18 is a major release that changes the overall tone, will there be an updated factory soundbank as well?

I don't remember exactly where, but I do believe it was said to be in the works, ya.

Reactions: edo
Some new favorite amps:
SLP1959
JCM800
sound brilliant with a strat

ENGL Savage 1
Atomica Hi - brilliant with strat and hubuckers

Not sure it has been mentioned yet:

Some new UltraRes stock cabs:

F011: Bludo Mix (replaces OH Blue)
F058: 4x12 TV Mix C1 (Ck) from Cab Pack 8 (replaces OH V30)
F059: 4x12 TV Mix C4 (Ck) from Cab Pack 8 (replaces OH V30)

Great!!!! But what i think is really not that great: The given IR-titles! Stock Cab CK CP7 name the used Mics of the Mix. other Mixes don`t tell anything about Mics, here also: Instead of Mic naming in the IR it talks C1, C4. C for speaker number "C", ok. and 1? 4? this may work for the Cab Pack, but is no relevant information for factory cab.

In short: Hopefully, the whole nomenclature and order structure of the factory IRs will be rework someday ... a clear naming structure, modular, logical and future resistent. At the moment the whole factory IR "folder" looks like topsy-turvy... the idea of "internal tracking via IDs" was made ... i think, this was a not so bad idea ...

Last edited:
The Comet 60 and Car Roamer are two of my absolute favorite amps (own both as "real amps" as well), neither are fully G3'ed yet, but both sound stellar on G3 Beta algorithms, I think especially the Comet 60 benefitted from being in the G3 frame work - I can't wait to see how much of a difference there is when they are fully G3'ed at some point.

What is this Bludo mix you speak of, an UR version of the dumble EV loaded cab perhaps?

edit: just loaded 18.7 and see it's a 1x12. sounds good, do we know what the speaker is, EV12L?

Not sure it has been mentioned yet:

Some new UltraRes stock cabs:

F011: Bludo Mix (replaces OH Blue)
F058: 4x12 TV Mix C1 (Ck) from Cab Pack 8 (replaces OH V30)
F059: 4x12 TV Mix C4 (Ck) from Cab Pack 8 (replaces OH V30)

Last edited:
holy freakin crap! F058: 4x12 TV Mix C1 (Ck) with 100w jumped plexi. Big, fat & chewy with some gristle and a really nice presence. Exactly what I've been wanting in a plexi

I have my 6505+ sitting at home right now. Running it into a Koch load box and out to the Axe which I then use to load up an IR of my original 5150 cab. This morning I have been A/B between my actual amp and the new G3 Model of it (PVH 6160II), and man, I can't hear any difference. This is amazing. In fw 17 the amp model was nice but it just never seemed to get close. Gonna come back to this tonight and see if it still sounds the same or if it's all just an auditory hallucination.

Thanks for the new beta. Sorry for the noob question... I read in the previous topic that it order for the G3 to take effect you have to reset the amp block or something. How shall I make it?

Thanks

This is sooooo good. If only it had been around twenty years ago. I feel like one of those pudgy grey haired gents driving around in the hot sports car they couldn't afford when they had a use for a chick magnet. :lol

Thanks for the new beta. Sorry for the noob question... I read in the previous topic that it order for the G3 to take effect you have to reset the amp block or something. How shall I make it?

Thanks

It may help out.. Or not. According to Cliff it is not needed, but it can't hurt either.

Shouldn't that be KT88?

The Quick Rod comes stock with EL34's. KT88's are available as an up charge.

Shouldn't that be KT88?

Our reference amp has EL34s. Many default parameters will change when a model is ported to G3. Don't expect things to be the same.

Back
Top Bottom