New 18.00 Public Beta

Can we use the current Axe Edit with this new 18 Beta?

it is the same as with the first Public Beta - it "works" but the new Amp parameters aren't in it yet, and there are old parameters in Edit that aren't on the Axe yet. use with caution, back up your files before updating and editing. same as always really.

FYI Axe Edit users. Settings->Preferences->Refresh->Block Definitions. Mine didn't do it automatically for this update and with new gears added it might be necessary.

The PVH 6160 II! My favorite! There will be much feasting and dancing now.
I've always preferred this amp model to the one of the original 5150, but with the new G3 upgrade I can finally say I like them both- they're different flavors I find equally appealing.

Am I the only one still on 17.04? I thought I'd wait for the completed version of 18.00, but all of these stories of amazing tone are making it difficult. Very tempted just to bite the bullet and download.

Just loaded the new Beta firmware. No problems. I've only tried the amps I use most so far, but only had to make minor adjustments to my main presets. It sounds and feels good. Looking forward to the official firmware 18 release and Axe Edit for it. Great job Cliff! Thanks!

Am I the only one still on 17.04? I thought I'd wait for the completed version of 18.00, but all of these stories of amazing tone are making it difficult. Very tempted just to bite the bullet and download.
Nope, I'm still on it as well. Admittedly I just got back from being out of town since the day after the first beta dropped... but I've been quite happy w/ 17 so I didn't rush to update today before practice.

But yea, I'll probably update in the next day or so.

i just spent a few hours with the rectos, afd, plexis, wrecker, and friedman.
my fingers hurt, my ears are ringing, but damn that was fun.
i'll admit, there was some mr crowley going on and \m/ \m/

No you're not alone. I'll need that compatible AE before updating. I have 40+ Working presets finely balanced for my bands live sets, and it's a huge deal to re set them all. i am looking forward to the improvements though for sure.

No you're not alone. I'll need that compatible AE before updating. I have 40+ Working presets finely balanced for my bands live sets, and it's a huge deal to re set them all. i am looking forward to the improvements though for sure.

As long as you aren't trying to edit parameters that don't exist anymore I think you'll be fine. I've used AE nonstop since the first Beta dropped and have yet to have an issue.

In great honor of the recent progress and intense working on products and firmware, I did not wait 5 seconds after installing the new beta7 firmware. I simply installed it, and when the 5 second wait message turned up in my display I turned it off and went to bed. I just turned it on now and I'm more sure than ever that the 5 seconds have passed. Sometimes the axe-fx needs to do some philosophical dreaming on it's own to get used to the new codes and such:

"Am I a brain on a tank? Do I have an X/Y state for Plato and Kant now? Does my improved confidence make for greater fear of potential bad notes as they will be heard more clearly now? Will I be more blamed for the bad notes? Is this a good thing for me? When will I ever get the chance to throw some air with a monitor? Really? Headphones? Really? but but I've been so patient with you! ah whatever, my time will come with the full version of firmware 18. World domination mode, to be released with the new Terminator Genisys movie. You won't even have time to be sorry"

lol :p

Back
Top Bottom