Original Soldano SLO100 -88 Live Tone Matching ,for Axe FX II!

Dimebucker

Experienced
Greedings!

Me and my friend Trvlnfool did some Axe FX II Live Tone Matches ,we did capture few tones out of Original SLO100 from 1988. Settings what we did use in Original SLO100 ,was Van Halen settings Mike Soldano settings and few our own settings also.

We also did use this time more than one guitar ,for those Live Tone Matches. Mostly there was some Mahogany guitars whit different active and passive pickups. And we did Live Tone Matched only for preamp and poweramp sections ,to get pure tone without cabinet or anything else in the chain. Remember you need put there your own IR ,because i think that cab block is empty. I was test those presets whit 103 stock IR ,that why there is that cab block.

Here is also some quick tone tests ,for few tones out of Axe FX II. That first clip is Eddie Van Halen settings whit 103 stock IR ,and second clip is some of my own settings whit 103 stock IR. I did want to use this time FAS stock IR:s for those quick clips ,But i was tested my favorite Ownhammer IR:s also and all sounds amazing whit those like it should.

Remember also that these all have made in G2 Firmware 13.07 ,if you use newer Firmware make sure you check Firmware release notes if there is some chances in models.

Clip1

Clip2

All those SLO 100 -88 Live Tone Matching presets are here also enjoy!

Update

Rest Live Tone Matched amps links!

Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...k-iic-live-tone-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.94964/

Mesa Boogie Triaxis
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...iaxis-live-tone-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.94280/

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ps-and-tricks-are-welcome.84408/#post-1023888

ADA-MP1
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/original-ada-mp-1-live-tone-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.94716/

Attachments

• SLO VH Settings.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 215
  • SLO Soldano Settings.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 186
  • SLO Settings 5.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 155
  • SLO Settings 4.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 153
  • SLO Settings 3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 153
  • SLO Settings 2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 149
  • SLO Settings 1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Great Tones - like the first "Van halen" Settings more.

But - 13.07 was a great Firmware - but is sounds really better in FW 18B? you don´t want it?

Thanks for reply Yeah Van Halen settings sounds amazing and also other:s too ,i was put this time more settings what i would use in that amp personal. FW13.07 is amazing firmware i have been using that so long ,its little bit hard to take receive different Firmwares. Because unfortunately ears have been familiarize so long whit this Firmware ,but i also i`m not sure when that day will come and i make decide to move newest Firmware lets see.

But like a have been saying many times ,its me little bit hard to move up for Firmwares i have 98% all of Axe FX II preset:s different TM:s and heavy tweaking presets. I have been give over a year for those presets ,almost every day about 8-10 hours for Tone Matching albums Real amps different tones etc.... Doing those again or tweak those all over three hundred presets ,its lot of work i must say.

But day will come some point to move up upper Firmware ,that is what i have been thinking a lot lately. But nothing issue whit this Firmware all sounds amazing ,and i have hands best device what have been every made-up. And newest firmware sounds very nice ,that why also would be nice to hear some clips some point how these Live Tone Matching SLO100 sounds in newest Firmware. Because i don`t have that in my Axe FX II unfortunately ,but i would like to hear those results whit newest Firmware for sure.

Great Tones - like the first "Van halen" Settings more.

But - 13.07 was a great Firmware - but is sounds really better in FW 18B? you don´t want it?

Ah, ok, I understand. I do nothing with tonematching - only AC/DC by USB. Yes, a lot will get lost bei updating......Or - you buy a second Axe!

Yeah that is biggest thing for me unfortunately ,and sure if i had some extra money i would buy second Axe for sure. That would solved out that update problem/issue for me ,in that case one unit in FW13.07 and second unit always in newest Firmwares.

Ah, ok, I understand. I do nothing with tonematching - only AC/DC by USB. Yes, a lot will get lost bei updating......Or - you buy a second Axe!

Greedings!

Me and my friend Trvlnfool did some Axe FX II Live Tone Matches ,we did capture few tones out of Original SLO100 from 1988. Settings what we did use in Original SLO100 ,was Van Halen settings Mike Soldano settings and few our own settings also.

We also did use this time more than one guitar ,for those Live Tone Matches. Mostly there was some Mahogany guitars whit different active and passive pickups. And we did Live Tone Matched only for preamp and poweramp sections ,to get pure tone without cabinet or anything else in the chain. Remember you need put there your own IR ,because i think that cab block is empty. I was test those presets whit 103 stock IR ,that why there is that cab block.

Here is also some quick tone tests ,for few tones out of Axe FX II. That first clip is Eddie Van Halen settings whit 103 stock IR ,and second clip is some of my own settings whit 103 stock IR. I did want to use this time FAS stock IR:s for those quick clips ,But i was tested my favorite Ownhammer IR:s also and all sounds amazing whit those like it should.

Remember also that these all have made in G2 Firmware 13.07 ,if you use newer Firmware make sure you check Firmware release notes if there is some chances in models.

Clip1

Clip2

All those SLO 100 -88 Live Tone Matching presets are here also enjoy!

Which one is your favorit OH cab - I think I have most oft all OH cabs...

Hard to pick best one because all Ownhammer IR:s are amazing ,IMO best IR:s what have ever made very high quality IR:s. But one is what i use almost every amps that`s my go to IR ,and that is Ownhammer Marshall 4x12 whit G65:s Vintage Studio Mix cant go wrong whit that IR.

Which one is your favorit OH cab - I think I have most oft all OH cabs...

Thanks Dimebucker - I just realized it's you tonematch Soldanos I fell in love with and did post a Soundcloud clip - absolutely fantasic - my favorit for now. What's the difference between all your syx files. I've noticed they're sound slightly different ? :eagerness:

Nice to hear those did works for you ,amazing amp and amazing Live TM:s those are IMO. I did listen that your Soundcloud clip also ,very nice playing and tone you did have there very nice job. Difference those all .syx files ,is that there was slightly different settings on Original SLO100 amp.

Thanks Dimebucker - I just realized it's you tonematch Soldanos I fell in love with and did post a Soundcloud clip - absolutely fantasic - my favorit for now. What's the difference between all your syx files. I've noticed they're sound slightly different ? :eagerness:

Yeah thank's - I love this tone now and can't wait till tommorow night playing with friends at a session to play f.. hell out with this patches. In my original thread with the Soundcloud clip, someone said: "played with guts" and he's right. It was "First Take" this solo recording with one clam in it (one note I did bend a bit to high - it's human) but I was so inspired by your tonematched SLO, that we left it as it was. If I had tried again to do it better, I would not anymore play with "guts" as my head would be involved. And allways when I record a solo, my singer has to sit next to me and strumming with his acustic guitar laut, so I have this live-feel and forget about, that we actually are recording.

Have a nice weekend Dimebucker

Tony

Thanks so much that kind of words ,and enjoy those SLO100 TM:s. And very nice to hear also that tomorrow band session whit friends ,lets hope there will be amazing moments whit you and you`r friends. You`r playing was amazing whit that clip what you did post very nice vibe ,and tone too was amazing too nice job.

And thanks nice weekend there for you also Black Bitch ,have a good time whit friends and enjoy moments and music there.

Yeah thank's - I love this tone now and can't wait till tommorow night playing with friends at a session to play f.. hell out with this patches. In my original thread with the Soundcloud clip, someone said: "played with guts" and he's right. It was "First Take" this solo recording with one clam in it (one note I did bend a bit to high - it's human) but I was so inspired by your tonematched SLO, that we left it as it was. If I had tried again to do it better, I would not anymore play with "guts" as my head would be involved. And allways when I record a solo, my singer has to sit next to me and strumming with his acustic guitar laut, so I have this live-feel and forget about, that we actually are recording.

Have a nice weekend Dimebucker

Tony

Nice to hear you shredi knight ,good to know you did find this now. Yeah try those those are wonderful tones and wonderful amp i must say ,and no problem enjoy for those. :encouragement:

Whoops, not sure how I missed this thread.:roll Will definitely try these patches ASAP.

Thanks Dimebucker! :)

Back
Top Bottom