scenes + instant access

kloppsta

last question i promise! (maybe) ;-)

on the MFC-101 you could set for example the bottom row of switches to switch between scenes and have the rest of the foot switches act as instant access switches to turn on/off individual effects.

can you do this on the FX-8?

cheers

on the MFC-101 you could set for example the bottom row of switches to switch between scenes and have the rest of the foot switches act as instant access switches to turn on/off individual effects.

cheers

I am curious about "instant access" as well. For example can you pick a scene and then press the scene button to then do "instant access" to individual effects that you may want to add on the fly within that scene?

cheers

The FX8 has 3 main modes: Stompbox mode, Scene Mode, and Preset Mode

The default is Stompbox; stepping on the footswitch will toggle bypass (on/off) on the associated effect, and press and hold of the footswitch will toggle X/Y if the associated effect supports X/Y.

SCENE mode is activated by pressing the SCENE/PRESET footswitch and then pressing the footswitch associated with the desired SCENE ( 1 - 8 ).

PRESET mode is activated by press and holding the SCENE/PRESET footswitch, and then pressing the footswitch associated with the desired PRESET. When in PRESET mode there are 16 Banks (A - P) each containing 8 presets.

Two Notes:

1) SCENE mode and PRESET mode have global STICKY parameters that can be set. When these parameters are set to ON, selecting SCENE or PRESET mode will stay activated until specifically deactivated by the user.

2) The PRESS and HOLD time can be adjusted between (0.25 seconds - 2.0 seconds)

The FX8 has 3 main modes: Stompbox mode, Scene Mode, and Preset Mode

The default is Stompbox; stepping on the footswitch will toggle bypass (on/off) on the associated effect, and press and hold of the footswitch will toggle X/Y if the associated effect supports X/Y.

SCENE mode is activated by pressing the SCENE/PRESET footswitch and then pressing the footswitch associated with the desired SCENE ( 1 - 8 ).

PRESET mode is activated by press and holding the SCENE/PRESET footswitch, and then pressing the footswitch associated with the desired PRESET. When in PRESET mode there are 16 Banks (A - P) each containing 8 presets.

Two Notes:

1) SCENE mode and PRESET mode have global STICKY parameters that can be set. When these parameters are set to ON, selecting SCENE or PRESET mode will stay activated until specifically deactivated by the user.

2) The PRESS and HOLD time can be adjusted between (0.25 seconds - 2.0 seconds)

Joe - In regards to SCENE mode. When i choose a SCENE, i know that you can pick certain BLOCKS to be activated by default. Can you then activate and deactivate the individual effects within a scene on the fly? So i choose SCENE 1 and it has Delay and Modulation activated by default. While in that scene can i then activate the DRIVE on the fly?

I apologize if im not understanding fully..

Joe - In regards to SCENE mode. When i choose a SCENE, i know that you can pick certain BLOCKS to be activated by default. Can you then activate and deactivate the individual effects within a scene on the fly? So i choose SCENE 1 and it has Delay and Modulation activated by default. While in that scene can i then activate the DRIVE on the fly?

I apologize if im not understanding fully..

Absolutely. The default mode is "STOMPBOX" mode. Which allows you do enable/bypass effects on the fly. You are only in SCENE mode when you step on the SCENE/PRESET footswitch. Once the SCENE changes, you fall back into STOMPBOX mode immediately. (Unless you have turned STICKY SCENE "on")

Absolutely. The default mode is "STOMPBOX" mode. Which allows you do enable/bypass effects on the fly. You are only in SCENE mode when you step on the SCENE/PRESET footswitch. Once the SCENE changes, you fall back into STOMPBOX mode immediately. (Unless you have turned STICKY SCENE "on")

Awesome! So with the STICKY SCENE - When that is on do you just click the SCENE button to turn it off, or toggle between the two? For example, If i wanted it to stay in scene mode until i want to go back to STOMPBOX mode. So essentially do the opposite of what the default setting is?

Awesome! So with the STICKY SCENE - When that is on do you just click the SCENE button to turn it off, or toggle between the two? For example, If i wanted it to stay in scene mode until i want to go back to STOMPBOX mode. So essentially do the opposite of what the default setting is?

There are 8 scenes per preset, corresponding to the 8 effect footswitches. When in STICKY SCENES are turned on, stepping on the SCENE/PRESET footswitch puts you in SCENE mode. Once in SCENE mode, each of the numbered footswitches will change to the active scene. Once you wish to return to STOMPBOX mode, step on the SCENE/PRESET footswitch again.

There are 8 scenes per preset, corresponding to the 8 effect footswitches. When in STICKY SCENES are turned on, stepping on the SCENE/PRESET footswitch puts you in SCENE mode. Once in SCENE mode, each of the numbered footswitches will change to the active scene. Once you wish to return to STOMPBOX mode, step on the SCENE/PRESET footswitch again.

Exactly what i was hoping you were going to say! Thanks for the info Joe! Hoping they will start shipping these soon!

Back
Top Bottom