Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

why not backup your axe, install FW18 and decide for yourself? honestly who cares what is said on this forum or anywhere. ultimately you decide anyway.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother

G3 modeling improves upon G2 modeling with better touch sensitivity, better dynamics, better distortion texture (or “grain”) with less fizz, more crunch and improved frequency response accuracy.

In a nutshell, this is what I'm finding to be true in G3, particularly the touch sensitivity and distortion texture. There is 'grind' in G3 that's very appealing; I love how it 'crunches'. Am going to take a deeper dive this evening but my overall first impressions last night were that G3 does kick things up a notch (or two, or three...).

I hate to be "that guy" but I downloaded the file and now I have no idea how to load it onto the Axe Fx.

If you don't have it already download Fractal Bot from the support page. Start it and select the Axe, then the file... yadda yadda follow the instructions on screen and on the axe. It's Too easy.

The only amp so far that I'm not crazy about on G3 is the mark iv. That graininess that everyone keeps talking about is great on every other amp but it doesn't sound or feel right on a mark iv that is known for its scooped smooth sound. It also sounds very boomy and I'm having trouble dialing it out. Like I said I love it on everything else.

Ok I tried it. Basically the gain is more dynamic. The amps are more savory at lower gain settings. This is a good thing, for me anyway.

Fractal needs to fix the rotary speaker and wah though. The former seems enabled by default and the latter doesn't seem to want to turn off once turned on with the pedal.

Dpoirier is the guy that likes to drink black coffee and argue with people.

Oh, that mature comment brought so much more to the conversation! Thanks!

Did I argue? I brought up an opinion! Are opinions not allowed here, unless they are pre-approved by, who, you?

If you wish to take this to the personal attack level, I suggest you send me a PM, so as not to bother anyone else.

Oh, that mature comment brought so much more to the conversation! Thanks!

Did I argue? I brought up an opinion! Are opinions not allowed here, unless they are pre-approved by, who, you?

If you wish to take this to the personal attack level, I suggest you send me a PM, so as not to bother anyone else.
Dans les dents!! ;)

that escalated quickly...
i think everyone should just step away from their computers and take a deep breath.
better yet, go play your guitar!

So funny how a few days ago, on the eve of Firmware 18 release, people were hugging each other and helping old ladies across the street.

Now it is like a fist fight on Bourbon Street.

:)

My two cents as someone who has had the unit for several years. The tones out of the box are light years ahead of where we were even a year ago with the unit. The reverbs alone made the overall tone more 3D and transparent. The IRs have improved, etc.

This is just a beta. There are going to be issues, there always are. Those little things will get fixed and the tone chasing will continue. I don't think anyone can deny that the tones we are getting are so much more full than before. Think about the JCM 800 a few firmware updates ago, or the Fender amps. They sound amazing now. The Rectos sound angrier, etc. Some amps like the Friedman have always sounded kickass.

With that said, it is ok for people to not love everything. I'm not a fan of the Soldanos. Who gives a rat's ass? Find what you like in the box and run with it.

postet this in the bug section, but maybe its also suitable here :

hi! <br />
while i was playing with fw 18 (and fw 18 was playing with my private parts) i noticed that when i store, my adjustments are not translated to other presets, i.e. global blocks dont seem to work. to be more specific, i am using the uber and i changed the low freq on the speaker tab and also the power amp hardness.<br />
can anyone confirm this? <br />
<br />
chris<br/>

Back
Top Bottom