Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

And here I am out of town for three days..... go figure. Well, you guys work out any last minute kinks and I will load it up Thursday! Get home around 12:30 AM, and not going to bed... loading firmware...

Thanks again Cliff -

Cliff, it is 11:30 pm in Germany. I just went to bed 5 min ago after four hours 17.04. I won't try to sleep now. That is impossible. I must get up to install it now and play all night. I'll need a lot of coffee tomorrow and ice for my fingers. Thanks a lot!

I'm still not familliar to the "update parameters" thing..
If I update to FW18 and just select a preset I created using say, a Recto.. will this preset's amp be already updated?
What if I IMPORT a preset?
And if it's already updated, which parameters will be different?

Or basically, what should we do to update the amps and still have all the parameter the way they were?

Thanks =)

cool, i'll see if i can get it in DC30 territory. that's my go to amp for most of my cleanish to crunch patches.

Very different amps really. I haven't gotten round to the DC30 yet (I actually have an HC30 as I prefer heads because they're lighter and require less room).

If I update to FW18 and just select a preset I created using say, a Recto.. will this preset's amp be already updated?

Or basically, what should we do to update the amps and still have all the parameter the way they were?

Thanks =)

You don't need to do anything. Just select a preset or import preset and have fun.

Thanks =)

When do I have to "Update Amps Defaults" "Update Amps All Prsts" or "Reset the Amp Block"? | Axe-Fx Tutorials

confirmed
Yea the rotary revamp is a very nice surprise too!

I actually thought holy smokes does this amp sound different and actually the rotary block was on but since i have it tied to a controller it was at minimum.

Sounds great Cliff and FAS team. Thank you!!

Woohoo! Time to take an early bus home and get a taste of G3!!! Thanks for the partial release Cliff! :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

dammit it makes sense that i nearly sliced the tip of my fretting index finger off earlier at work... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn oh well

I seem to have found a small bug, after running the 'Update Amps all presets' function, all patches containing a Rotary block will have the Rotary block engaged by default.

confirmed

Not a bug. Please read the release notes! The Rotary block will need to be reset in patches where you're using it.

The Rotary block has been completely revised. It is recommended to reset the block in any existing presets by double-clicking the Bypass button to load the default values. Also, the Rotary block now supports X/Y which simplifies slow/fast switching.

Back
Top Bottom