FW18 "Unchained" EVH

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
FW18 Heavy 5153 EVH Rhythm

Hit the ground runnin', people.

EDIT: To the Van Halen purists, I was having a good time and thought you'd enjoy hearing some really heavy FW18.
This is NOT and was never meant as a tone match or a copy of the original tone. It doesn't sound like the original and I didn't mean for it to. I just dialed in this tone and said "hey this is heavy as hell and sounds like a more intense unchained tone" and hit record. I thought, "maybe the guys will enjoy this."

This was me dialing in a huge, heavy tone and playing a huge, heavy riff with a huge, heavy firmware update, not me doing a match.

Who knows, maybe I'll spend the time and do one and we can all rock out on the preset...

Last edited:
Ok I'll say it first;)................Ya didn't play it right Coop. Kinda not even close? Love ya brother but Just sayin'....I know, just showin off FW 18 and all that but,...........You know how us VH freaks are........lol

You set the bar kinda high with your "Solo of the Week" videos........So it's your own fault.........:eagerness:

Last edited:
Show me Eddie playing it "right" twice in a row and I'll agree with you. :D

LOL. Even the very beginning of the original version seems off? (dotted 1/8th note?) But I expected Cooper to learn all of the mistakes too.......

Cooper and I were feeling the VH love on the beta team yesterday. Here's my take with clams to drive the VH fanbois nuts with OCD. :D

G3'ed 5153 Blue model. Both songs use the same patch. Only change was the delay block and rolling back the volume for Dance...

I can't listen to this any more........It's an Outrage, Blasphemy, Sacrilegious...................................umm, I don't know any more big words.......I need a thesaurus.........or beta 18:eagerness:

Ok I'll say it first;)................Ya didn't play it right Coop. Kinda not even close? Love ya brother but Just sayin'....I know, just showin off FW 18 and all that but,...........You know how us VH freaks are........lol

You set the bar kinda high with your "Solo of the Week" videos........So it's your own fault.........:eagerness:

It's true. I didn't play it correctly at all vis a vis the album, but to be honest, I'll admit I haven't listened to the song in probably a year. I just dialed in this tone and said "hey this sounds like a more intense unchained tone" and hit record. When I sent this to the beta team, I disclaimed it as such. Also, the timing is a bit off here and there because I'm playing with the pitch block a half step down, and it's always interesting staying in time with the latency.

I can't listen to this any more........It's an Outrage, Blasphemy, Sacrilegious...................................umm, I don't know any more big words.......I need a thesaurus.........or beta 18:eagerness:

Man, I really hope you never went to a Van Halen show with this intense of an opinion about how the songs should be played outside the one version you know from the album ;-)

Both sound great, but Eddies' tone is much brighter on Unchained than Coopers track above, more clarity between the notes too, less gain overall I guess. That could also be a question of the mix of reverb/delay to the dry signal. Eddies seems more in your face to me.

Maybe I shouldn't have even posted this. Honestly it wasn't supposed or intended to be a tone match or a copy of the original tone. It doesn't sound like the original and I didn't mean for it to.

It was me dialing in a huge, heavy, badass fucking tone and playing a huge, heavy, badass fucking riff with a huge, heavy, badass fucking firmware update.

Back
Top Bottom