G3 FW18 mini review

so-tell-me-how-does-that-make-you-feel.jpg
Every clip you make sounds killer!!!!if it is possible for the test, I would like to hear the comparison between firmwares...playing the same licks with the same preset.!!!

There are just too many moving parts to this topic. I do understand where you may be coming from, but a LOT could be going on that may have nothing to do with how good the axefx is.

•*The '68 Marshall Cliff is modeling may not be as good sounding as other Marshalls
• The IR captures I'm using may be fighting each other or are not the best choice
•*I've got super old strings on my strat
• I've got very big strings on my strat... this limits harmonic content in my experience. THe fundamental note is much stronger.

The first bullet point is why I'd like to see cliff get his hands on a 3-4 pre '69 marshalls to model. These vintage marshalls vary SO much in tone its quite dramatic. Some are warmer, some have more harmonic richness...and some sound like complete ass.

It would be great if you can get you hands on your un-altered marshall recordings using a strat to get a good reference to where your ears are at.

Unfortunately, I did not back up unmastered single guitar tracks - at least I could not find them on my computer.

However, I extracted two snippets from your mp3 where the scratching is most noticeable: plexifw18_1.31.15.grind.mp3

You hear it when the tone rings out - it does not sound as harmonic as I am pretty sure my real plexi's unmastered records sounded. Shame I cannot record it at the moment - but our studio guy will get back from touring next week so I hope I can make some new records then.

There are just too many moving parts to this topic. I do understand where you may be coming from, but a LOT could be going on that may have nothing to do with how good the axefx is.

•*The '68 Marshall Cliff is modeling may not be as good sounding as other Marshalls
• The IR captures I'm using may be fighting each other or are not the best choice
•*I've got super old strings on my strat
• I've got very big strings on my strat... this limits harmonic content in my experience. THe fundamental note is much stronger.

The first bullet point is why I'd like to see cliff get his hands on a 3-4 pre '69 marshalls to model. These vintage marshalls vary SO much in tone its quite dramatic. Some are warmer, some have more harmonic richness...and some sound like complete ass.

It would be great if you can get you hands on your un-altered marshall recordings using a strat to get a good reference to where your ears are at.

Just curious , I may have and probably did miss it , but which plexi did you use for this clip? 50,100. or slp ?

You had to rub it in, didn't you.... :)

Congratulations to the Patriots!

Sent from Olympia, WA - an hour South of Seattle

Scott

Sounds great. Has the same exact stringiness/scratchiness as our reference amp. Cuts like a diamond-encrusted garrote through the Seattle Seahawks secondary.

Sounds great. Has the same exact stringiness/scratchiness as our reference amp. Cuts like a diamond-encrusted garrote through the Seattle Seahawks secondary.

lol

Well spoken! :)

I don't know how to express it correctly - I have no doubt that it cuts through everything effortlessly. However, could it not cut like a saw and leave less splinters in the process? ;-)
The grinding scratchiness which I mean does not sound pleasant - at least to my ears. It is as if it stops too abruptly and scratchily, almost as if the speaker is cut - if that makes sense.

I'm not complaining, just trying to help an already awesome product even better - if that is possible... :)

lol

Well spoken! :)

I don't know how to express it correctly - I have no doubt that it cuts through everything effortlessly. However, could it not cut like a saw and leave less splinters in the process? ;-)
The grinding scratchiness which I mean does not sound pleasant - at least to my ears. It is as if it stops too abruptly and scratchily, almost as if the speaker is cut - if that makes sense.

I'm not complaining, just trying to help an already awesome product even better - if that is possible... :)

I match the models to the amps. That's how the amp sounds so that's how the model will sound. If that doesn't please you then use a different model.

I match the models to the amps. That's how the amp sounds so that's how the model will sound. If that doesn't please you then use a different model.

Never really thought of it this way too much but I guess it's true: Disliking the model as much as you may dislike the real thing is as much proof of the AxeFx' accuracy+precision, as liking the model as much as you like the equivalent real thing.

Can't wait to hear how god awful the Soldano sounds to my ears in FW 18 (and how beautiful most of the rest sound).

Back
Top Bottom