Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.04 Released

Nice!!!! This just may be my favorite update yet! The dynamic response is just amazing. My AxeFX II feels as great as it sounds, and it sounds better. ....again!!

Thanks again Cliff for continuing to improve what is already the best guitar amp modeler / signal processor available! I appreciate your time and efforts. :)

Upgraded tonight, didn't check any patches, went to rehearsal, felt bloody marvellous! The metal amps especially sounded really growly, nice responsive/punchy low end but without losing the body. Not really A/B's or anything but seems like another knock-out update.

It's not a huge change but everything is a little punchier and bolder.

Ahhh yea, upgraded earlier and the Marshalls and Fenders never felt so good; my higain presets have a nicer definition as well. My "Plexi Madness" preset with 1959SLP in X and 100W Jumpered in Y is insanely fun to play and I just love the feel, especially when a bit cranked. This update is sooooo sweet...very nice....

Ok, i just loaded 17.04, and i must say, it does sound different. Much thinner sounding actually. Is that what y'all are getting too?

EDIT:
Oh, hang on, i think my headphones are causing the difference. I have two Sennheiser HD 280 Pro sets, and one sounds thin and almost crackly... that is probably what i'm hearing. :encouragement:

Last edited:
I've been messing around with 17.04, and I'll be damned if I really can notice a difference
in the string snap and responsiveness under my fingers, with this update. It has the right tautness
and punch now. Cliff really is dipping into the "secret sauce" that makes playing tube amps such a
visceral, interactive experience. Bravo!

not sure if I'm hearing things right..
has 17.04 pushed the mids a bit more?
and do the power amps get a little dirty a little sooner??

not a prob at all.. just asking as I'm re-dialling in to this one..

Having our first show tomorrow in almost two years with my band PigWeed (in Austin @ Dirty Dogs). Gonna give 17.04 it's first live spin! Thanks again Cliff!

I've got a show Saturday night but I'm still on the bubble to load 17.04 before the gear gets packed. (On 17.03 now)

I've got a show Saturday night but I'm still on the bubble to load 17.04 before the gear gets packed. (On 17.03 now)

The potential for headache is greater than what you'd gain by updating, IMO. But, you know a lot more about the AXE than me, so do whatever you want! lol.

17.04 rocks

Just had an hour of playtime with FW 17.04 - it sounds absolutely killer !!
To me the improvements in the poweramp modeling are very noticable both in feel and sound.
Well done Cliff !!

not sure if I'm hearing things right..
has 17.04 pushed the mids a bit more?
and do the power amps get a little dirty a little sooner??

not a prob at all.. just asking as I'm re-dialling in to this one..

Yes, this is a good description of what I noticed. There is also more dynamic responsiveness. I'm getting a wider range of tone and breakup just by adjusting my picking position and technique.

Back
Top Bottom