Original Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ Live Tone Matching ,for Axe FX II!

Dimebucker

Experienced
Greedings!

Me and my friend Trvlnfool did some Axe FX II Live Tone Matches ,we did capture few tones out of Holy Grail Original Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+. Settings what we did use in Original Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ ,was some of John Petrucci:s settings what he have used in past.

We also did use this time more than one guitar ,for those Live Tone Matches. Mostly there was some Mahogany guitars whit different active and passive pickups. And we did Live Tone Matched only for preamp and poweramp sections ,to get pure tone without cabinet or anything else in the chain. Remember you need put there your own IR ,because i think that cab block is empty. I was test those presets whit some custom IR:s ,that why there is that cab block.

Here is also some quick tone tests ,for few tones out of Axe FX II. That first clip have same two IR:s ,what i was have in my old Mesa Boogie Mark IV Live Tone Matched preset clip but without any PEQ. Second and third clips are some Petrucci:s style tones ,i was use there Ownhammer Mesa 412 V30 IR. And those Petrucci:s style tones are not Tone Matched ,i was only use some PEQ and Filters to shape single IR little bit. All clips have different preset.

Clip1

Clip2

Clip3

Update

Rest Live Tone Matched amps links!

ADA-MP1
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/original-ada-mp-1-live-tone-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.94716/

Mesa Boogie Triaxis
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...iaxis-live-tone-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.94280/

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ps-and-tricks-are-welcome.84408/#post-1023888

Soldano SLO100 -88
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ne-matching-for-axe-fx-ii.96547/#post-1158059

Update
Axe FX II Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ Live Tone Matching presets are here now ,i did have some extra space left to get these here!

Attachments

• ORG Mark IIC+ PetrucciStudio.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 309
  • ORG Mark IIC+ PetrucciStudio2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 265
  • ORG Mark IIC+ JP Studio.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 261
  • ORG Mark IIC+ JP EMG.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 248
  • ORG Mark IIC+ JP Studio 3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 248
  • ORG Mark IIC+ JP Studio 4 EMG.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 250
  • ORG Mark IIC+ JP Album V2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 257
  • ORG Mark IIC+ JP Album 6.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Thanks i was use in that clip few PEQ:s and few Filters ,i need to check some point that preset what it was. I will upload those presets here ,i need now check do i have enough space to put those here.

Nice work Dimebucker! What EQ did you use on Clip 2? That one is my favourite, it sounds so fat and pretty sure it will cut through a mix perfectly!

Okey now those presets are there i did have some space left! chucma i try remember check that preset what i did use in clip2 ,when i have some extra time left im little bit busy right now.

I need check that what i was use there ,it was some Ownhammer Mesa 412 GTR V30 IR mix. First clip i was use those two IR:s ,what i did use in my old Mesa Boogie Mark IV Live Tone Matching preset clip. Those two IR:s are available here in forum ,in thread where is those my old Mesa Boogie Mark IV Live Tone Match presets.

I try find that Ownhammer IR what i was use in those other clips ,but that Owhammer IR i can not share unfortunately. But i will definitely check that out ,what IR there was in those clip 2 and clip 3.

What is the exact OH mesa IR you used for these? Thanks.

Well Dimebucker, it's a good thing we're on the Internet, not to mention you're in Finland and I'm in the USA, otherwise I'd be kissing you right now. :mrgreen :lol

Looks like I'm going to be busy tonight, thanks you for doing this and sharing. :)

Which of the patches you posted was used for Clip#1?

Edit - Thanks also to trvlnfool (I'm guessing he supplied the amp?).

Last edited:
Those first line words bro hehe :lol

Yeah i can feel you will be busy there ,lots of amazing tones for sure. And no problem finally i was get that Holy Grail Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ tones for Axe FX II ,its still hard to believe still this is truth but damn i`m so so happy.

That Clip#1 i was use (ORG Mark IIC+ JP Studio 3) preset ,whit both of those Framus 412 V30 and Mesa Traditional 412 V30 cab. And Framus 412 V30 was panned left -50% ,and Mesa Traditional 412 V30 was panned right +50%.

And yeah bro amazing and big big thanks belong to trvlnfool. We did have amazing time for doing these ,lots of fun and amazing moments. :encouragement:

Well Dimebucker, it's a good thing we're on the Internet, not to mention your in Finland and I'm in the USA, otherwise I'd be kissing you right now. :mrgreen
:lol

Looks like I'm going to be busy tonight, thanks you for doing this and sharing. :)

Which of the patches you posted was used for Clip#1?

Edit - Thanks also to trvlnfool (I'm guessing he supplied the amp?).

Okey here is that Clip2 preset someones was asked that ,remember that i was use there PEQ and Filter blocks to shape that Ownhammer IR. If you want exactly that same tone you need to have OH 412 Mes V32 StPr DA BV 5 IR ,if i remember that IR name correct i dont have Axe FX II here Right now.

This preset may have empty cab block ,because i was use own IR there you need put some IR there. And when you use some different IR that i was use in that clip ,it will sounds very different because those PEQ and Filters job was shape that IR little bit. I have not tested that preset ,whit some another IR that why i dont know how those PEQ:s and Filter:s worsk whit different IR.

And that Clip2 have two different presets i did not find that second one ,but i think that what i was put here is first clip in Clip2.

Attachments

• ORG Mark IIC+ Petrucci.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 74
Thanks a mil Dimebucker! I was very keen to see how you used the PEQ and filters on that patch cos the results of Clip2 really blew me away. Going to have a noodle with this preset and probably learn a few things. :)

No problem ,yeah PEQ and Filters are powerful tools. I use a lot for PEQ and Filters if im looking for some certain tone ,to shape IR:s little bit because right IR is sometimes hard to find. And IR:s are big part of tones ,sometimes you find exactly right IR there. You then do not need to shape that IR too much ,but its always like 50/50 you find or not.

And nice to hear you want learn that kind of stuff ,yeah studying for another users presets give little bit help to see what there is happening.

Thanks a mil Dimebucker! I was very keen to see how you used the PEQ and filters on that patch cos the results of Clip2 really blew me away. Going to have a noodle with this preset and probably learn a few things. :)

I personal use these amazing Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ Live Tone Matching presets in pure way ,like only for one cab and that`s it sometimes stereo cab like Clip1. Nothing extra there straight forward tone ,i have few favorite IRs what i use a lot. But when i`m after some certain tone for another guitar player ,then comes picture to shape IR:s little bit.

These Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ Live Tone Matching presets ,have that amazing smooth punchy and aggressive character what i love a lot. And when i throw there some of my favorite IR ,i say i feel like i`m heaven damn.

I'm really glad that you guys are digging these tones. The C+ really is an amazing amplifier and its really cool that I can share it with you all. Its been fun working with my new Finnish Brother Dimebucker (we spent a lot of Skype time on these). Enjoy!!

Nice words there bro yeah its been fun working together ,so amazing moments :encouragement:

I'm really glad that you guys are digging these tones. The C+ really is an amazing amplifier and its really cool that I can share it with you all. Its been fun working with my new Finnish Brother Dimebucker (we spent a lot of Skype time on these). Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom