Recto + Depth?

RockerAlex

Inspired
I have indeed updated to the new firmware today but this has been an ongoing issue as far as I can tell ...

While Recto 2 Modern Red is selected as my amp the Depth knob seems to be doing nothing, I've tried A/Bing 0 and 10 and there's no different at all, not even nearly what it should be. I recall reading a post where Cliff mentioned that he purposely set Negative Feedback to 0.01 to allow these controls to work. Am I missing something here?

Depth works by varying the negative feedback at low frequencies. There is no NFB in the Modern Red mode so the Depth knob won't do anything. NFB is set to 0.01 just to fool the GUI into displaying Presence instead of HiCut below the left knob.

Depth works by varying the negative feedback at low frequencies. There is no NFB in the Modern Red mode so the Depth knob won't do anything. NFB is set to 0.01 just to fool the GUI into displaying Presence instead of HiCut below the left knob.

Thanks for the direct response Cliff!

What's your workaround to put what Depth put in back into the Recto models?

Thanks for the direct response Cliff!

What's your workaround to put what Depth put in back into the Recto models?

I don't understand the question. Rectos don't have a Depth control and even if they did it wouldn't do anything in Modern Red mode since that mode has no negative feedback. When you put a Recto into Modern Red mode it opens a relay which removes the NFB.

I don't understand the question. Rectos don't have a Depth control and even if they did it wouldn't do anything in Modern Red mode since that mode has no negative feedback. When you put a Recto into Modern Red mode it opens a relay which removes the NFB.

I'm asking what can you do to replicate what Depth does in the Recto models ...

I'm asking what can you do to replicate what Depth does in the Recto models ...

Technically you can't. You can come close by adding bass after the amp block (or using the EQ page in the amp block).

Depth is a bass control for the power amp but it's behavior depends on the amount of NFB, the speaker impedance curve and other things. So it's a funky bass control.

I would set the EQ type to 4- or 5-band passive and increase the Low frequency.

Technically you can't. You can come close by adding bass after the amp block (or using the EQ page in the amp block).

Depth is a bass control for the power amp but it's behavior depends on the amount of NFB, the speaker impedance curve and other things. So it's a funky bass control.

I would set the EQ type to 4- or 5-band passive and increase the Low frequency.

Thanks Cliff!

Back
Top Bottom