Clean and underwatery

toolfanem

Power User

This one is a really slow starter so don't be afraid to skip around, got a lot of cool sounds out of the axe fx for this though so I thought I'd share it here. I was trying to get kind of an underwater type of vibe with this, used a few of the presets and a few extra stomp pedals for some of the sounds. Let me know what you guys think, any feed back is appreciated!

Had a Boss PH-3 in there on step mode, check out 3:00 for that sound. Thats one of my favs, sounds kind of like an organ to me. I also used an EH Freeze pedal with a Digitech Whammy pedal to create some of the pads and then alter their pitch during the track, and the reverb on the EH Epitome for some of the noises in the background. Also used a tweaked version of the Velvet Sun preset for some of the pad sounds as well.

Thanks guys! Wanted to get a bit of a meditative feeling with this one to close out the album which is pretty heavy overall. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

sounds way cooler that meshuggah. I really like it!

Can you post preset? or does the preset depend to much on the outboard pedals?

Thanks for the kind words! I can definitely post a preset, but I do believe its fairly close to the basic Studio Clean preset thats in the factory presets with some slight alterations. I also have to update this preset for FW16.1 since I did this on FW14.2, Ill look at it tonight and see how far off it is and post it up. Thanks for the listen!

I get a Deftones "uninteresting event" feel from this, which I think is awesome. very cool man. makes me want to stare at space and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom