TAF "The Legends" UltraRes IR OUT NOW!

Great stuff, glad your enjoying.. - can I ask, if you tried the IRs to match the music your playing? or did you ignore that and choose a cab based on sound to whatever amp you wanted to play.? (in otherwords, did you ignore the genre, and just choose a cab based on its sound regardless of genre playing)

Just trying to find out if the "genre" things is useful or not at all : )

Cheers
A

I will hopefully try them tonight and report back!

Great stuff, glad your enjoying.. - can I ask, if you tried the IRs to match the music your playing? or did you ignore that and choose a cab based on sound to whatever amp you wanted to play.? (in otherwords, did you ignore the genre, and just choose a cab based on its sound regardless of genre playing)

Cheers
A

I've been trying the genre based stuff but I keep going back to the legends individual cab + room mixes. They just work the best for me personally. I do occasionally get saucy and use the Mars/BW/Vinmars mixes too.

The rock mixes did play pretty nice with the new AFS models though. #39 (AFS 100 2) and rock mix 2 felt good to me.

Cheers
A

I won't be able to give these a go for a few days.

But I personally like the genre concept. It keeps me in the creative zone vs. having to know and research speakers.

When I'm working I like to minimize the technical stuff and keep my brain in the creative side :)

Andy, I read your favorable comments on the DPA. What's your preferred position for that mic?

Andy, I read your favorable comments on the DPA. What's your preferred position for that mic?

Hiya yek.

If Im using that mic to control the lower region then:-

That mic I like a bit darker, so in the cone or edge position, as it yields great lower mids, but the highs in this position are compromised, and wont do well to over compensate on the amp (adding more highs)
Paired with a Brighter mic without the mixmatch freqs, so I'd take a U47 (Center) - or a SM57/545 in the center of offcenter position.. - More focus on this mic, and use the DPA to control just enough tightness.
If you find the dynamics too "brittle" then switch to the SM7B, its a flatter sound but removes the brittle.

If im using that mic to control the Higher registry then:-

Offcenter for sure. (it likes it there a lot), the lower mids have gone, so the presence area is key here now. especially around the 800/1.2k range, so watch the amps Presence, else it could get a bit nasty and harsh.
Paired with a Fat old royer in the cone position for depth and bottom.. - however, the Royer is good at sub freq and it can get boomy in the lower mids, so to avoid this raise the mids on the amp a bit. or change to the Offcenter position too.

However the mic is also good for single use too!..its more of a lower gain mic..as its small diameter mic, but people rock out with it on screaming amps also with good success!

Happy mixing Yek!

Hiya yek.

If Im using that mic to control the lower region then:-

That mic I like a bit darker, so in the cone or edge position, as it yields great lower mids, but the highs in this position are compromised, and wont do well to over compensate on the amp (adding more highs)
Paired with a Brighter mic without the mixmatch freqs, so I'd take a U47 (Center) - or a SM57/545 in the center of offcenter position.. - More focus on this mic, and use the DPA to control just enough tightness.
If you find the dynamics too "brittle" then switch to the SM7B, its a flatter sound but removes the brittle.

If im using that mic to control the Higher registry then:-

Offcenter for sure. (it likes it there a lot), the lower mids have gone, so the presence area is key here now. especially around the 800/1.2k range, so watch the amps Presence, else it could get a bit nasty and harsh.
Paired with a Fat old royer in the cone position for depth and bottom.. - however, the Royer is good at sub freq and it can get boomy in the lower mids, so to avoid this raise the mids on the amp a bit. or change to the Offcenter position too.

However the mic is also good for single use too!..its more of a lower gain mic..as its small diameter mic, but people rock out with it on screaming amps also with good success!

Happy mixing Yek!

BTW, I'm kind of turning away from mixing IRs at the moment. I like the M160 on its own in Fractal's Cab packs, the DPA and the S545 (each on its own) in your IRs.

BTW, I'm kind of turning away from mixing IRs at the moment. I like the M160 on its own in Fractal's Cab packs, the DPA and the S545 (each on its own) in your IRs.

Absolute nothing wrong with that!...I often use just a single mic, sometimes a pair, and other times too many lol. - it just totally depends what your into at that given moment!.. the old saying.. Less can be more fits this statement well!...

Anyway, no matter how you want to go about it. the fact is you have options, and that's always a plus point!..

Be well!
A

Hi Andy, I just downloaded the bonus pack and I really like the mixes. The genre categories take a bit of getting used to but it's an interesting way to try different approaches. Can't help thinking it would be good to know exactly what they consist of though! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks, much appreciated!

Hi. Could someone please share his opinion about the 4×12 Hiwatt* (Fane) and the ×12 Wem Starfinder?

Are they worth for a gilmourish tone?

Any clips? :)

Thank you!

What happened with the website of TheAmpFactory? It seems like now they only have Kemper profiles

Back
Top Bottom