Quick Question about Citrus Terrier

Jbmetal

Inspired
I've always liked the sound of it and am considering buying one for a simple, portable gigging amp. I wanted to kind of get a feel for how it sounds by only using the real-world controls. I've seen different answers on this; Is the 'Tone' control replicated by the Treble parameter or the Hicut parameter? Thanks.:encouragement:

Release notes 12.03:
Added “Citrus Terrier” amp model based on an Orange Tiny Terror. Note that the actual amp has no tone stack and a single tone control. The tone control is actually a high cut control in the power amp and is therefore replicated by the Hi Cut parameter. The Hi Cut set fully CCW is equivalent to the amp’s tone knob fully CW.

I've always liked the sound of it and am considering buying one for a simple, portable gigging amp. I wanted to kind of get a feel for how it sounds by only using the real-world controls. I've seen different answers on this; Is the 'Tone' control replicated by the Treble parameter or the Hicut parameter? Thanks.:encouragement:

Nothing good or bad to say about it, but I'm just finding it interesting that a modeller is being used to evaluate an amp tone for possible purchase of the actual amp. It's interesting on many levels, but I think speaks to the confidence that many of us have in the accuracy of the Axe.

The TT is more or less a non-top boost Vox AC15 with an extra gain stage. The volume control is a dual pot that brings both gain stages up or down together. It's a loud amp, but not a lot of real clean headroom.

Thank you very much. I couldn't recall where I'd seen something about it. Cool beans, Man.

Release notes 12.03:
Added “Citrus Terrier” amp model based on an Orange Tiny Terror. Note that the actual amp has no tone stack and a single tone control. The tone control is actually a high cut control in the power amp and is therefore replicated by the Hi Cut parameter. The Hi Cut set fully CCW is equivalent to the amp’s tone knob fully CW.

That's something I wanted to consider as well, as I would probably be using it for a lot of jazz gigs as well.

That's something I wanted to consider as well, as I would probably be using it for a lot of jazz gigs as well.

This is a dirty amp. Not a clean amp. I wouldn't consider it a good candidate for jazz at all. A friend of mine uses one with a Tele which has a regular single coil, and the amp breaks up really nicely. It fits what he does, but that ain't jazz.....

I recommend the OR 15 which is the TT with the AD tone stack (I think) in a wooden sleeve. I've replaced the V1 position ECC83 with a balanced ECC81. I can get a very useable jazzy clean until the 12 o'clock position - when V2 starts to kick in. In fact I use the amp clean only now for small gigs. The amp and a 1 x 12 cab are smaller than my AFX rig.

Back
Top Bottom