Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Released

127 — 4x12 Lerxst Mix (UR) — Based on a 4x12 Mojotone Lerxst ported cabinet with greenbacks (works well with Marshall Silver Jubilee), mixed microphones, UltraRes (Cab Pack 5)

This is awesome news, I'm just about to board a flight back to Phoenix, AZ from Minneapolis MN, I know what I'm doing when I get home. After I kiss the wife and kids of course. By the way I saw that Brit Floyd is playing tonight in downtown Minneapolis. I would have loved to have seen them tonight.

One little question , for who made some prests like me with fw15beta , is it necessary to reset the amps ? I need to take note of all advanced parameters ? Thanks in advance !!

It's not necessary, but my advice is to reset the amps. Stuff like the MV and others things have changed since beta 2.

Damn, as if being stuck in hospital with diverticulitis didn't already suck enough, now you have to go and drop a major firmware release... :p

Ah well, it will give me lots to do during recovery once I get out in a week or two.

It's not necessary, but my advice is to reset the amps. Stuff like the MV and others things have changed since beta 2.

Many thanks Yek for your constant contribution !

So .... Now comes a new question

Wich was Cliff recent epiphany ?? Too many variables

Thank you FAS!
Three gigs this weekend but on Monday I am diving into this.
By the way, I still have some presets with "old" settings that I use because resetting the amp makes them sound bad.
Would it help to take notes on my previous advanced settings or do they they not translate that well from previous FW's?

here it is again.

if you made presets in firmware 14 or earlier, firmware 15 might and most likely will change the sound. updating the amp blocks using any method will change the sound. updating to 15 then putting back your firmware 14 presets will still most likely change the sound.

basically upgrading your firmware might change your sound. for some people the change isn't noticeable. for others it is very noticeable.

make a backup of your presets before upgrading if you want to upgrade.

and oh yeah, if you upgrade to 15, it might change your sound.

here it is again.

if you made presets in firmware 14 or earlier, firmware 15 might and most likely will change the sound. updating the amp blocks using any method will change the sound. updating to 15 then putting back your firmware 14 presets will still most likely change the sound.

basically upgrading your firmware might change your sound. for some people the change isn't noticeable. for others it is very noticeable.

make a backup of your presets before upgrading if you want to upgrade.

and oh yeah, if you upgrade to 15, it might change your sound.

Is there a way to dump the config of a preset to a text file so I can compare what what changed? Rather than use AE and then a scratch pad to make note of all the knobs, names, parameters, modifiers for each block. It seems like it would be much easier if I could dump a preset and get a text output of all the blocks and the settings of each block.
Help!!

Is there a way to dump the config of a preset to a text file so I can compare what what changed? Rather than use AE and then a scratch pad to make note of all the knobs, names, parameters, modifiers for each block. It seems like it would be much easier if I could dump a preset and get a text output of all the blocks and the settings of each block.
Help!!

Great point ... + 1

Yek' idea of making a comparison table between reset an amp Vs. Update all presets ( amp page ) + 1.00000000000000000000000

UPDATE YOUR AMP BLOCKS!!!

As Cliff said... The default Master Volume settings have seriously changed for this release. It appears high gain amps used to have a much lower value than they do now. Also, it sounds as if the default settings for presence and depth are set at default at really sweet spots now.

The volume on your presets will also probably be a lot hotter after the update. You'll need to re-adjust your preset volume.

Thank you FAS!
Three gigs this weekend but on Monday I am diving into this.
By the way, I still have some presets with "old" settings that I use because resetting the amp makes them sound bad.
Would it help to take notes on my previous advanced settings or do they they not translate that well from previous FW's?

I just tweaked the advanced parameters via AxeEdit for the first 70 factory presets per FW 15b knowing that I wanted to start all over again from scratch with the Official FW 15 release, just for the exercise and routine of dialing it in on the fly.

Next round (FW 16b to Official FW 16) I intend to do the same from the front panel ... work permitting :D

Thanks Cliff! :encouragement:

Last edited:
Help!!

There used to be an app called AxeFxReporter that was created by forum member CyberFerret but he no longer has time or the info to make AxeFxReporter work with the new firmware and FAS won't share the MIDI Specs, so a program like that will probably never exist again unless FAS decides to create it

Back
Top Bottom