Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Released

WOW!!! That's a massive amount of work and seriously good improvements. Looking forward to the remainder of the releases.
As always.....Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo!

Great news !!
Thanks Fas !!

One little question , for who made some prests like me with fw15beta , is it necessary to reset the amps ? I need to take note of all advanced parameters ? Thanks in advance !!

Fw15beta is kicking some serious ass , I need to rest ... Too many good news today , just arrived at home my new awesome G&L Legacy Alnico Single coi,...
5utumyhu.jpg

And I've just turned off my Axe and PC for an early night for an early work start. Sheeeeeit. :(

Damn! First the WDM driver and now the official 15 firmware!!! All while I'm out of town away from my Axe! Arg!

By any chance did the output meter that is in the utilities page make it somewhere where we can more easily see it? (Maybe the preset page)

Thanks (again and again and again...) to Cliff and the FAS team!

Impressive update! Thanks to Cliff and everyone @FAS

Installed 15beta when it came out and will play a big gig tomorrow with it though, as I don't want to risk an eeprom failure.
After that, it's fresh firmware frenzy time :D

So, "update amps all presets" is the same thing as re-choosing the amp in the amp block, right?

God you guys fricken rock! Lots of new improvements! Excited for the new cab pack too. Btw I think I've introduced and gotten a third customer for you guys now. This truly is how fractal is growing. People hear my unit and other demos and get persuaded into it. This product is kicking butt!

Here are some tips, based on the beta testing period. These is partly a repeat of stuff in the release notes.

• The firmware WILL change your tone, your levels and effects such as flanger. Especially after resetting amp blocks. Do not install it right before a gig!
  • Obey the release notes: reset all your amp blocks. Use the new Update functionality in the Utility menu for this task.
  • Make sure to test the new "Mix" UR cabs at the very end of the stock cabs list. They sound awesome.
  • New: Presence will be set to a default value when resetting an amp block. Don't overlook this.
  • New: the compressor in the Amp block is awesome. Made me remove the separate COMP block from many of my presets. I have not yet needed to adjust its Threshold in the Advanced parameters.
  • SAT will now cause a decrease of the amp volume.
  • Tucana is awesome for leads.
  • You may need to dial in your flanger again because of changes. Focus on Depth and Feedback.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff Cliff and FAS team - thumps up on what looks like another killer FW update.

I've just - as in 1 hour ago - shipped my rig with the tour / gear truck so I won't have my Axe II within reach before monday and won't get the chance to update until tuesday at the earliest.
Patience tropper, patience

Until tuesday I look forward to reading other forumites OMG posts about this FW

HOLY SHIT!

You know firmware is good when you load up your go-to patch and re-set the amp with all default controls except for a little gain boost and BAM! Instant ecstasy! And this is after only trying out one amp so far! I was a little worried after moving to 15 beta, things didn't feel quite right to me, but all is fell now that 15 has hit me.

Well done Cliff and FAS!

Increased number of Scratchpad IR locations to four.

Why is this needed?
Also what changes made to flanger?

I think it's pretty obvious that the scratchpad change was to make it easier to audition several cabs at once.

No idea on the flanger changes.

Cliff, can you lighting me?
i've many presets with the AMP bloc speaker page (for example) tweaked coming from fw 14.03 and fw15b.

if i change the amp block and reload the first one amp, the parameters like the speakers page are updated to default of course.

my question is: if i copy my old (last fw version) amp block with A.E before changing the amp, and reload the AMp block and re-paste the clipboard on, did i keep all the news "hidden' features developed on the new fw15?
or did the paste amp function recover all the paramaters of the last fw?

Here are some tips, based on the beta testing period. These is partly a repeat of stuff in the release notes.

• The firmware WILL change your tone, your levels and effects such as flanger. Especially after resetting amp blocks. Do not install it right before a gig!
  • Obey the release notes: reset all your amp blocks. Use the new Update functionality in the Utility menu for this task.
  • New: Presence will be set to a default value when resetting an amp block. Don't overlook this.

I repeat my question ... If someone can answer will be greatly appreciated
This apply even to preset made on fw 15beta ?

I made a lot of presets and skipping this reset save me from a lot of tweaking and taking note of presence / depth / advanced parameters in all the amps ...

Thanks in advance if someone (yek ?! ) can chime in and make order ( almost for me ) on this

Back
Top Bottom