Coming Soon

The big advantage of the G-System is still the built in 19" GFX01 unit:encouragement:

I understand what you're saying but….I think it was kind of a gimmick and not more than that…
The FX in the G-System are based on the famous G-Force. If I want a separate FX unit and midi controller I would simply buy a midi controller and a G-Force which cost (back than) less.
Still both (G-System and G-Force) are great FX units.

Just for fun the six other products mentioned what if one was actually....

Wait for it...

A tube amp :D

If anyone knows how to design one after examining and modelling so many it might be Cliff...

I don't care what any of the die-hards say - tube amps are history.

Substitute "tubes" for "tube amps," and you might have a workable argument, unfortunately. I love where we are tech wise. I love my Axe Fx and my Kemper (I know, blasphemy to some), but listen to a crisp Carr Rambler or a punchy Dr Z Maz, and traditional amps definitely have their place. My fear is that it will get harder and harder to get quality tubes.

Make this in a (preferably 1U) rack mount with front and rear instrument inputs and a FASlink port and you have my money

My fear is that it will get harder and harder to get quality tubes.

IMO as long as there are people that love the organic in room realism that can only be gotten from tubes - they will be made.

Just listen to an MP3 track vs vinyl going through a quality turntable powered by a tube power amp.

there is zero comparison. Not even close.

Tubes will be around as long as there are people willing to buy them.

How and when can i get on the list for one fx8

fx8.jpg

Exactly what i need

I want NOW!!!

Please ;-)

Wow I totally missed this topic!
First thing that comes to mind is: why not having two fractal expression pedals build in!
Second thing: would be nice to have more real time control over the effects with some knobs and not having to go into the edit screen all the time.

I guess this is the reason we didn't see any (or very less) effect updates in the last firmware updates?

Are the effects the same as in the Axe fx II? or will there be other effects added?

Last edited:
The big advantage of the G-System is still the built in 19" GFX01 unit:encouragement:
yeah I agree, being able to rack the G System brain and pedals next to your amp and just run a single CAT5 to the floorboard is a neat idea
Thinking about it, the lack of external loops and rack mounting, needing long cable runs between the amp and FX8, means it's maybe not quite the G killer I originally thought. Still looking forward to it though...

Wow I totally missed this topic!
First thing that comes to mind is: why not having two fractal expression pedals build in!
Second thing: would be nice to have more real time control over the effects with some knobs and not having to go into the edit screen all the time.

I guess this is the reason we didn't see any (or very less) effect updates in the last firmware updates?

Are the effects the same as in the Axe fx II? or will there be other effects added?

Maybe those 5 little knobs serve as dedicated FX controls when you are in the edit window!.... i hope this is the case because if not editing in a live station may turn to be a pain in the ass.

Nothing like playing live with your delay pedal to do some nasty sounds!

I would by a small footprint 'Amp and Cabs' pedal TODAY!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Fractal came out with a CAB only dedicated FX UNIT sporting the amazing UltraRes technology! the catch would be that it will have to have a price similar to what Lodigy EPSI unit goes for or cheaper since that unit does one thing no Axe FX product CANT do at the moment, Convolution Reverbs!.

Last edited:
yeah I agree, being able to rack the G System brain and pedals next to your amp and just run a single CAT5 to the floorboard is a neat idea
Thinking about it, the lack of external loops and rack mounting, needing long cable runs between the amp and FX8, means it's maybe not quite the G killer I originally thought. Still looking forward to it though...

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_339864.jpg

Ran a six-ended PedalSnake for years with my old analog rig and it made setup much easier.

Back
Top Bottom