For a guy who can't play his way out of a paper bag...

That was fun to listen to. Thanks for sharing. The rhythm guitars sound fine in the mix. Even the solos, while not note for note really captured the essence. Good job. Makes me feel guilty for not doing anything at all :) I think I'm in the same ball park skill-wise.

That was fun to listen to. Thanks for sharing. The rhythm guitars sound fine in the mix. Even the solos, while not note for note really captured the essence. Good job. Makes me feel guilty for not doing anything at all :) I think I'm in the same ball park skill-wise.

I'm terrible at the bend + vibrato thing. And short, stubby fingers shorter than my palm, they get tied up pretty easily. Not sure how I managed to get a different tone during my attempt at the last solo.
One thing I'm liking about this mix is the bit just before the acoustic guitar comes in. I doubled it so the last chord jumps out a bit.

+1, great job. Was that a factory preset (which one?) or your own (please share?)

I'm also very bad at the bend+vibrato thing (worse than you are!) and can't find my way out of that roadblock. When I try to get a teacher to help me out, they want me to entirely change the way I finger the fretboard and do my bends - hey, I've been doin' it this way for 40 years, I can't train my fingers out of *that* much muscle memory... guess I'm stuck this way for good...

+1, great job. Was that a factory preset (which one?) or your own (please share?)

The patch I used was just a tweaking of Tyler Grund's 1.0 Dumble patch. Basically, I just boosted the 1-8k EQ settings on the 8-band EQ, with 4k being the highest.
Get it here: (should work)

I think I tried a drive on the last solo bit, which didn't work quite right.

On the ending chord riff, I used the built in EQ in Adobe audition to re-EQ it... wasn't entirely happy with it.

I think this really captures the feel of the original which I think is really difficult. Great job.

Back
Top Bottom