Coming Soon

Will it have 9v DC outputs for pedals so you don't need a separate power source?

I would by this

Yep - in a heartbeat

After being on the waiting list for 6 years -- I just received 2 of the 4 toneCzar pedals I ordered. The two remaining ToneCzar pedals will be shipped to me by the end of the summer.

You would think this would have me all worked up.

Well .. not anymore .. FX8 just jumped to the front of the line.

I would think drives are included. They are "fx", not amps... Imho..

Per post #17
"...Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc. Don't drop it on your foot..."

Not clear if "just effects" also means drive blocks.

I plan on using this with my Carol Ann, so the drive blocks are not critical -- but it would be nice to have for when I use with my single channel amps (i.e. Carr rambler). The Af2 drive blocks I use regularly are exceptional (zendrive, BB, AC, RC) IMO

What I would like to know if the FX8 offers:

1. Auto engage option for expression pedal (this is a big deal - not available on other floor multi-effects units that I know of)
2. 9v DC outlets to power pedals
3. Port effects blocks from AF2 presets you already have dialed in

Having only up to 8 effects at a time isn't enough IMO. Why design a unit that will have limitations if all it's going to do is effects only? For his own sake, I hope Cliff doesn't charge an arm and a leg for this thing.

P.S.: It's really nice that the admins deleted my previous post....

Holy Shitballs!!!

As a former G System user, I think the earlier poster is right, I don't know how much it will dent the HD500 market because that has modelling and I'm guessing this product is priced in the pro-gear category. But TC Electronic is probably doing a company-wide ass-pucker right now. They had a real market niche cornered with the G System. If the electronics in this thing are such that the signal and impedance issues that plague G System users don't exist, I can see a lot of G Systems heading to eBay soon. As much as I loved it, I had to have all kinds of noise reduction gear in my G System rig.

+1 here on the G-system. I was Gsystem owner for years prior to the Axe and spent a lot of money to cover impedance issues for 4CM with different amps. I am mostly a 4CM user with the Axe and this would be a great addition to the lineup!
Was it mentioned if this unit will have the ability to add some analog pedals in front (the G had loop 1,2,3) with power source or anything? No biggie...just curious. :)

This is great news ;)

Having only up to 8 effects at a time isn't enough IMO. Why design a unit that will have limitations if all it's going to do is effects only? For his own sake, I hope Cliff doesn't charge an arm and a leg for this thing.

Personally, I think 8 is more than enough (especially with the extra loops (#?) for your pedals.

The G-system does 9 and I do not think I ever used more than 5-6 at a time.

also need more clarity as to what is designated as a "used" effects slot (i.e. does boost count?)

IMO TC electronic has sat on their asses with the G-system (last software update I think was in 2009) -- the editor is also crap.

I thought Eventide would be the first to issue an all effects multi-effects floor board to compete with G-system - however they came out with the H9 instead (which I own and is fantastic!).

Last edited:
Personally, I think 8 is more than enough (especially if you are given extra loops (#?) for your pedals.

The G-system does 9 and I do not think I ever used more than 5-6 at a time.

also need more clarity as to what is designated as a "used" effects slot (i.e. does boost count?)

Yeah, there are lot of questions that need to be answered for sure. All we got is a picture and some small facts. I want to see the back of the thing.

I just love the fact they are continually pushing forward.

Designing it right is IMO pushing it forward -

That is important no question, but from the picture it really does not look like something innovative or ground breaking, its the same basic layout almost every one in the floorboard pedals use.

But what matters most is tone!, tone is king!. and that is where fractal pushes the envelope forward!.

IMO, Pete Cornish floorboards are the ones i love most, but that is my biased opinion because im a huge David Gilmour fan!. :)

... yah.. but does it pass the dancing girl/guy, gonna haphazardly make my way onto the stage to sing the song, drunken stupor, spill drink test? :lol ... a molded, custom fit, soft/clear cover may be a great accessory to put into production as well.

I respectfully disagree, I can find very few (if any) guitarists using 8 or more ex's at a time that I care to listen to.
8 or more efx's and you are most likely into a cheesy efx laden sound (anybody remember the bad parts of the 80's ??) where the dynamics and tone is gone. All imho naturally.
Also it's not like an analog pedalboard with 8 efx's, it has many efx's and you can choose any 8 for a given preset and route them in the grid matrix like on the Axe Fx II.

How is designing a m/fx floor unit pushing forward? This isn't the first unit of its kind.

Floor units are nothing new no, but the construction/build quality, sound quality, ease of use, versatility, optimised for 4CM, support and software (often and free !!) upgrades that we know to be a Fractal Audio trademark is what makes this a forward pushing product and a product that will push Fractal Audio forward.

Reactions: ALE
I know it has been said in this thread already but I think having IRs would be a great addition to this product. I understand not having the amp modeling though.

Back
Top Bottom