New Product Announcement! MFC-EDIT

bwanagary

Administrator
UPDATE: MFC-Edit is sold and supported by Fractal Audio Systems. The current version is 5.3 (July 1, 2016) and you can get it here: MFC-Edit - Editor for the MFC-101

----- Original Post -----

Would you rather be playing music than pressing twenty and thirty steel foot-switches for each MFC-101 setting?!!?

We thought you might!!

MFC-Edit ver. 1.2 can have you playing more and programming less while getting you the best results possible from your MFC-101 Mk I, Mk II, and Mk III controller and its even ready to support the new Axe-FX XL out of the box.

Too good be true? Read just a bit more - it gets even better!!

MFC-Edit vers 1.2. is a robust, fast, user-friendly editor for the MFC-101 MIDI controller from Fractal Audio Systems. It works on your Windows, Mac and Linux computer. This no-holds-barred editor is the friendliest way to manage the settings and configurations of your MFC-101. See what all your settings are, in one place, at the same time, and see how those settings affect your Axe-FX Standard, Ultra, FX II and FX XL, even before storing them into your controller.*

MFC-Edit is created with the demanding musician in mind – have MFC-Edit ver 1.2 program your gear for you so that you can get back to performing! The incredibly capable MFC-101 can command all manner of MIDI equipment – MFC-Edit makes it easy to do just that, and to change and reconfigure it on a whim. Take the time, complexity and ardour out of managing your MIDI gear!

Now, try to beat this offer:

For a Free Trial click here: MFC-Edit vers 1.2

That’s right, it is really FREE, no email address, no cookies, no activation key, FREE!!!

We are so confident in this program that you will want, maybe even need a copy once you try it. You will become not only a customer, but a fan too.

MFC-Edit was written by a performing musician for performing musicians. If you perform live with the MFC-101 and the Axe-FX you deserve to use all features and power you have already paid for. You owe it to yourself to try the MFC-Edit program for free and see just how easy it really is to command all that power.

Down load it now!

MFC-Edit vers 1.2

Happy Axe-ing!

Last edited:
Wow. Hello late night infomercial!

Okay. Sorry. That was a little harsh. Looks like a cool program. Does MFC-Edit offer live editing (ala Axe-Edit) of the MFC or our we editing dumped SysEx files (like your competitor)? Thanks.

Ahhh....from the owner's manual....

"You must have previously captured the SysEx file from your MFC-101 using Fractal Bot, Snoize, MIDI-OX or some other such MIDI utility program. Please refer to the MFC- 101 Owner's manual for instructions on how to do this."

It's a really solid program. I just bought an MFC a few weeks ago and got to spend some time learning it. I don't know about anyone else, but if I was trying to set up for song mode using the MFC I'd probably shoot myself. But for my specific situation it was really great to see everything that the MFC can do on the computer screen with only having to refer to the manual a handful of times.

And I know that everything seems to dislike the fact that it's not a real time editor, but the MFC just doesn't work that way. It only takes a few minutes to set up to dump the sysex to the computer, but it can save you countless hours from having to try to navigate the MFC interface, on the floor while pushing those buttons a million times.

I know that everything seems to dislike the fact that it's not a real time editor, but the MFC just doesn't work that way. It only takes a few minutes to set up to dump the sysex to the computer, but it can save you countless hours from having to try to navigate the MFC interface, on the floor while pushing those buttons a million times.

+1000000 to that Shasha. It's so simple to send a dump back to the MFC over your existing MIDI, Ethernet, or FASLink setup that there is no benefit to an online editor but the stigma is there.

Oh my god, infomercial alert.

Anyway I've been doing this kinda thing with my gordius for years. It has always had a companion editor which is kick arse and super quick.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I work my tail off to make it powerful but not too complex. As time permits (and I get smarter about the MFC-101) I'll make it even better. What motivates me is the utility and pleasure others derive from its use. Yeah, it would be way cool to have realtime communication with the MFC-101 but the device isn't built that way today and Fractal Audio doesn't publish the specs. That being said, I want to *absolutely* recognize Fractal Audio for making a lot of proprietary technical information available to us to even make the current products possible. I have been in the software business for decades and Fractal Audio is rare indeed in their level of generosity and support of developers and users. We are all truly privileged to be working with not only one of the music industry's finest products, but also with one of the finest companies and groups of people in any industry. I shall endeavor to live up to their standard of service and responsiveness.

Hi Finleysound;
Thanks for the enquiry. Please see some replies below with the answers - don't want to duplicate and unnecessarily clutter the forum.
-G

Yes. From day 1. Go ahead and download it and try if for free. http://www.mfc-edit.com. I am still refining the native Mac installer. If by some chance it doesn't launch from the Applications folder it will put a link on your desktop and you can double-click that and it will launch.

Ok Im getting a used MFC101 soon so a newb question please..... Can I use this software and program the MFC101 thru the cat 5 cable thats hooked into the Axe FX II? Or do I have to run a pair of midi cables from the MFC101 to a computer interface thru the iMac to talk to and program it? Please advise...

Ok Im getting a used MFC101 soon so a newb question please..... Can I use this software and program the MFC101 thru the cat 5 cable thats hooked into the Axe FX II? Or do I have to run a pair of midi cables from the MFC101 to a computer interface thru the iMac to talk to and program it? Please advise...

This question comes up frequently. Cat 5 works for sending dumps to your MFC, to receive a dump file it requires a midi cable. Watch the Using Fractal-Bot with your MFC-101 video in my signature to get a jump start on it.

Cheers

Hi Spikey;
Thanks for the great questions. Yes, certainly, you can use this software day in and day out to program your MFC-101. Cat 5 is one option for sending dumps to your MFC-101, but receiving the dumps you'll need midi cables to do that reliably on an ongoing basis. From my experience and experimentation with many different mechanisms of getting sysex dumps to and from the MFC-101 I got the best results by using a cheap USB->MIDI cable connected between the computer and the MFC-101. Using the Axe-FX II as a USB/MIDI interface works but its a little bit more finicky. I test everything with Windows, MAC and Linux, and with a bunch of different interfaces. As you can imagine, beyond performing regular gigs, while testing my software editor I test the MFC-101 dump/load many times every day, so I pretty soon expose the weaker elements of dump-edit-resend. I've used $9.00 USB/MIDI interfaces and $50 ones. My personal "go to" setup is a Creative Labs CREATIVE EMU XMIDI 1X1 USB MIDI interface ($20-$30 on eBay, Amazon, Sweetwater etc.) and Fractal Bot for Windows, MAC and LINUX. I also test with MID-OX (Windows & Linux) and Snoize (MAC) and they work beautifully also.

And, by the way, beautiful guitars dude! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been doing this with my Liquid Foot for years, from my Pro to LF+ Pro+. LF has a great editor, and I've never understood why Fractal couldn't get that together. I blame it on too much focus on amp modeling at the expense of effects development and software development. The LF Editor is DEEP, but super powerful, has a lot of auto-config 'wizards' and a nice 'simulation' feature too.
Oh my god, infomercial alert.

Anyway I've been doing this kinda thing with my gordius for years. It has always had a companion editor which is kick arse and super quick.

Thanks for the insight funny_polymath. I've been mulling over an emulator/simulator also, for both the MFC-101 and the Axe-FX but that's a fair amount of work and I want to see if I can at least recover my cost of development. A simulator would be a fun project to do - though my wife might kill me :). If you don't mind my asking, what are the features that you like most about your LF editor? Although I originally wrote MFC-Edit for my own use future development and features will be driven by what others need or want so I'd be grateful for any thoughts or input.
-Thanks-

Thanks for all your work on this Gary!!! All should check it out. Making this a sticky.

PS: At first I read the above as "twenty and thirty-foot steel switches"

Back
Top Bottom