FAMC LF+ with Axe-Fx II - Quick Start Guide and Template:

The other important factor for me here, aside from the tuner...is the PRESET NAMES.

They just won't copy down to the LF+, has anyone experienced this and been able to fixed this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. The template I posted in the first post has all of this working and should be a good place to start.

Yes. The template I posted in the first post has all of this working and should be a good place to start.

The template was certainly helpful to get me started! Unfortunately for some reason it didn't work for the Preset Names or the Tuner.

Just got home from a rehearsal, I'll try a suggestion on the tuner now and see what I can do about the names.

Pretty damn frustrated here. Just got the LF12+ forty eight hours ago. Hate it already. The manual is just useless to me. Can't seem to get the auto programming wizard nor the Axe programming wizard to work or I just can't see that it's working. Can't figure out how to transfer AZG's template from my downloads file to the LF. Watching the youtube videos are not getting me there. Can't transfer Axe presets to LF. No instructions or tutorials on how to use the editor, really?

I'm committed to this thing as I've made some other purchases around the smaller footprint of the LF so I have to make it work. Anyone willing to reach out and get me up and running? Maybe by phone or Skype?

I was well past 30 days of frustration. I am a retired Computer tech , been using midi since the 80's, etc.

It's a very sophisticated piece of gear. Quite honestly, If I had not talked to Jeff 4X on telephone I may have shot myself. I bought from the 1st batch a while ago.

I still run into walls, but it is so great just using pages and IA's makes it a monster.
Good luck-the trip is well worth the ride. IMHO

The other important factor for me here, aside from the tuner...is the PRESET NAMES.

They just won't copy down to the LF+, has anyone experienced this and been able to fixed this issue?

Took me a few times- but it wasn't the LF, it was me-everytime.

It's strange, I just opened the LF S/W and when the sync hits the Sysex section I can see names fly really quickly through the window with the preset #'s and then it switches back to the #'s for names. So frustrating! lol

On the axe front panel change the midi to send tuner and sysex. I'm at work and cant remember where you'll find that setting but startbby going into the I/O menu

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thank you for this suggestion it worked for the tuner!

I have a hunch on the issue with the preset names not transferring, which I'm trying now...will report back ya'll!

Tony, how to put non-sequential Axe FX presets together for immediate access. SONG MODE.

PERIOD.

END OF STORY.

There are no page buttons to access presets. The system has 384 presets, and your axe fx has 384 presets. You want 1 bank, consisting of 384 presets, so you don't have to bank up. You own an 8 button device. You need 48 more LF Jr.'s, man. Then you could run 27 feet down your pedal board and step on preset 218, and then run back and step on preset 35, without having to bank up.

Yeah, I know how this works now, but it still makes no sense to me why in PRESET mode, I can't put ANY of the 384 presets on any of my 8 buttons - or in another words, why they have to be tied to BANKS in any way if I just want specfic presets on a page. So I page could have an option to have the preset mode page use banks or not. Yes, I know I can access any preset in any order in song mode, but then I have to dedicate a button function to song selection, which I don't want to do.

I also don't understand why bank up / down (or some other non-existent function like song-bank up / down) can't logically work in song mode to set up banks based on the song list of presets sequence. That would be SO much more useful!

Last edited:

I have my LF JR+ synced to update automatically with my Axe FX 2 XL,which means it looks to the Axe FX to loads it's data and IA states into LF presets as you choose them. This works perfectly though preset 130, then I just get the same preset nane repeating over and over. I'm not sure if this is a related issue. I haven't tried loaded all the presets in bulk yet - I am going to try this tonight and see what happends with the preset names.

I'm trying to figure out if the problems with the tuner and names not working for some users of the template is a problem with the template or if users have changed settings on the Axe2 away from default settings?

I had none of these issues and I believe after doing a factory reset on the Axe2 most of the problems mentioned should go away and work perfectly in the posted template. If not I would like to know why so I can update the original post with corrections.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know how this works now, but it still makes no sense to me why in PRESET mode, I can't put ANY of the 384 presets on any of my 8 buttons - or in another words, why they have to be tied to BANKS in any way if I just want specfic presets on a page. So I page could have an option to have the preset mode page use banks or not. Yes, I know I can access any preset in any order in song mode, but then I have to dedicate a button function to song selection, which I don't want to do.

I also don't understand why bank up / down (or some other non-existent function like song-bank up / down) can't logically work in song mode to set up banks based on the song list of presets sequence. That would be SO much more useful!
I know it's tough but when learning something new it's probably best to figure out how it's set up to make it do what you want rather than try and force it to do something in a way it just wasn't designed to do.

SONG MODE is what you want, I believe.

I know it's tough but when learning something new it's probably best to figure out how it's set up to make it do what you want rather than try and force it to do something in a way it just wasn't designed to do.

SONG MODE is what you want, I believe.

I went through the very same topic with Jeff when I first got my LFjr+ and I never got a clear response. In my mind, it would have made so much sense to program it that way. As you say, it is the way it is, so get your head around the programming methods and it will make your life so much easier.

After a year and a half with the controller, I've finally got it working the way I wanted it too, at least to 95%, so I'm reluctant to upgrade firmware or do anything that can potentially cause other unknown issues, however I am keen to explore SONG mode!

Song mode is where I live with my LF+12+. And rarely do I play SONGS with them. They are just collections of various things - presets plus pages, scenes, etc..

Make Set Lists, and put the pedal into Set-List mode. This is where I live.

I just did Spring Cleaning of my system, but at one time, I had 270 Liquid Foot presets, and 120 songs, and about 10 set lists. Now, I put my Program Change commands into the Song programming lines, and then my presets are for changing Axe FX scenes and turning other gear's effects off and on, which is why I might have up to 8 Liquid Foot presets, in one song (8 Axe FX scenes). Often times, the only difference between some of the presets is a volume boost or cut, via the Axe FX Scene Output volume setting.

But at any rate, tying into what Henry said - YOUR songs, don't literally have to be songs. You can name Song 1, "CONFIG A" and put a bunch of random presets into that song, and have song 2 be "CONFIG B", you can make 254 songs like that. I suggested it before, but you could create songs called ROCK (and group your rock specific presets on that song), COUNTRY, JAZZ, HIPHOP, KATIE PERRY, and then create a setlist, where you designate the order of those "songs" and you can repeat them if you need to. So your setlist could be Rock, Country, Rock, Country, Katie Perry, Rock, Hip Hop. And then you'd just need to song up, through the set. If there are 2 back to back songs using the same song template - you don't song up for those.

Make a page with either a song up/song down button, or better yet, a context up/context down button on it somewhere. Put the pedal into SETLIST mode.

Now you can group any combinations of presets in a song, and you can song up/down to get to more weird combinations, if you want to.

I'm trying to figure out if the problems with the tuner and names not working for some users of the template is a problem with the template or if users have changed settings on the Axe2 away from default settings?

I had none of these issues and I believe after doing a factory reset on the Axe2 most of the problems mentioned should go away and work perfectly in the posted template. If not I would like to know why so I can update the original post with corrections.

I haven't changed settings, I followed your settings. Could it be because I have the 12+ and not the 8? Or because I have an Axe XL?

It's driving me crazy, but I just know I've got to have something set incorrectly. Still trying tho!

But at any rate, tying into what Henry said - YOUR songs, don't literally have to be songs. You can name Song 1, "CONFIG A" and put a bunch of random presets into that song

My song mode programming has developed an issue where whenever I load a LF song, no matter what button I hit the first time, it will trigger the first preset in that song. Subsequent presses will trigger the actual preset they are assigned to, and I can jump around randomly the way I want until I change to a different song. Then the first press of any button will trigger button #1's preset again etc.

When I first set up song mode, I swear this was working as intended and I could pick any preset on the first press. What am I doing wrong?

My song mode programming has developed an issue where whenever I load a LF song, no matter what button I hit the first time, it will trigger the first preset in that song. Subsequent presses will trigger the actual preset they are assigned to, and I can jump around randomly the way I want until I change to a different song. Then the first press of any button will trigger button #1's preset again etc.

When I first set up song mode, I swear this was working as intended and I could pick any preset on the first press. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, it will trigger the first preset in a song even if no preset exists in that slot.

The song programming page has a choice of whether to load immediately or wait until you press a preset (usually preset one). You might check that every preset button on your page has process scrolls enabled.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

All songs are set to Arm Song Only. The problem is I don't always want preset one, which every button defaults to triggering for the first press of a song. No buttons on pages have process scrolls enabled. Should they? I tried changing them just then on a couple pages and it didn't seem to help...

I haven't changed settings, I followed your settings. Could it be because I have the 12+ and not the 8? Or because I have an Axe XL?

It's driving me crazy, but I just know I've got to have something set incorrectly. Still trying tho!

Did you try a factory reset on the Axe just to verify? From what I understand the LF+ series is supposed to be exactly the same except for number of buttons. So everything should work the same across all of them, but with only 8 buttons in use.

Back
Top Bottom