Holy schnikes the FAS artist is HUGE!!

Lol.....Mark Day - Youtube Sensation :)

I wonder how many on the list use the amp sims instead of toooobs?

There are a lot more household names on there than there used to be. I did a count, and being the relatively musically sheltered person I am, I recognized about 20 names of guitarists that I would have known regardless of the forums, YouTube, etc. And some of them are pretty bigguns, obviously. It's a good thing.

Far as how many use the amp sims...well, we know some of the ones at the top of the list don't. Lifeson uses his Lerxst and Mark V heads. Petrucci has his Marks. Vai uses amps, but sometimes the models. But that's not really the point. Point is, they ARE using it. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for little old me. Best buy I've recently made, gear-wise.

There are a lot more household names on there than there used to be. I did a count, and being the relatively musically sheltered person I am, I recognized about 20 names of guitarists that I would have known regardless of the forums, YouTube, etc. And some of them are pretty bigguns, obviously. It's a good thing.

Far as how many use the amp sims...well, we know some of the ones at the top of the list don't. Lifeson uses his Lerxst and Mark V heads. Petrucci has his Marks. Vai uses amps, but sometimes the models. But that's not really the point. Point is, they ARE using it. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for little old me. Best buy I've recently made, gear-wise.

Lol Karl Houseknecht I remember you from the Pod X3 Live forums.

Couldn't help but notice Metallica is not on that list. But... they used it on a tour right? They must have wanted money or some deal for endorsement that Fractal wouldn't give in to. Good for Fractal for having principles. Most any other company would give about anything to get a Metallica endorsement. Looks like Fractal is doing just fine without it...

Oh, I believe that Matt. At this point I can't see an artist... about ANY guitar artist, NOT having one of these. I mean really... The thing just makes too much sense and creates too many options and possibilities to ignore. I'm also guessing that some other artists would be using it, or using it "all the way" as in amp modeling too if it weren't for pre-existing amp endorsement deals and long term relationships with good companies like Mesa.

IIRC there are a lot of artist that don't want their names reveal also, why, my best guess is that lots of endorsement deals could fall apart if they are known now to really be using the amps they endorse. Just a guess.

Cliff should be presented with some kind of award, like from the President or something.

I have a feeling Cliff's bank account has grown much faster then the user list. I would think that and the knowledge that his gear is quite simply the industries gold standard are compensation enough. :encouragement:

A friend of mine recently test drove my AxeFX XL for an evening. You'll see a new name on that list soon :)

Back
Top Bottom