Fender Deluxe Reverb RI, Help Please!

FantomasXD

Inspired
To anyone knowledgable with these amps i have a problem...

There is something not right with the reverb on my amp.

With the reverb turned to zero, the amp is crystal clear so its definitely not a speaker problem.

As i increase the dial on the reverb knob a buzzing sound comes and the higher the reverb is turned up the louder the buzz is....
The bad part is there is zero reverb coming from the amp at any reverb setting.
The buzz is definitely not normal because i have used it when it was working and this was never the case.

Has anyone got any ideas what it could be?
it would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, fuck tube amps haha. So much can go wrong with these mythical beasts, Axe FX all the way!
This amp is incredible when its working so i guess i shouldn't say that.

Cheers in advance.

Could be tubes

You have two tubes that affect reverb (V3, V4)

Tube DesignationV6V5V4V3V2V1
12AT712AX77025/12AX7/A12AT77025/12AX7A7025/12AX7A
Specified FunctionPhase InverterTremolo2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gain stage for channel 2 and reverb return amplifierReverb driverFirst gain stage for channel 2First gain stage for channel 1

Most likely you have a bad reverb driver (v3).

AB763_Deluxe_Reverb_Layout_Large.JPG

To anyone knowledgable with these amps i have a problem...

There is something not right with the reverb on my amp.

With the reverb turned to zero, the amp is crystal clear so its definitely not a speaker problem.

As i increase the dial on the reverb knob a buzzing sound comes and the higher the reverb is turned up the louder the buzz is....
The bad part is there is zero reverb coming from the amp at any reverb setting.
The buzz is definitely not normal because i have used it when it was working and this was never the case.

Has anyone got any ideas what it could be?
it would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, fuck tube amps haha. So much can go wrong with these mythical beasts, Axe FX all the way!
This amp is incredible when its working so i guess i shouldn't say that.

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
Mate first of all your an absolute legend for taking the time to respond that. Much appreciated.

So i took out V3 and turned my amp back on and the same thing is still happening, I'm guessing that means its something else...

Do you have any other ideas man?

Cheers again.

Ok so when i take out V4 the buzzing stops. This is a good start. Im a bit of a noob to be honest, how do i know if the tube is broken itself?

V4 is one of the gain stages for channel 2 and returns the reverb signal -- so there you go -- that could be the culprit

I am assuming everything works just fine in channel one.

If that does not work then she might need some bench time -- but the odds are it is nothing more than a tube.

Also check the reverb connections to the tank on the bottom of the cab and on the back of the amp. Make sure they are plugged in all the way. sometimes they get loose or short out and can cause all kinds of trouble.

Ok so when i take out V4 the buzzing stops. This is a good start. Im a bit of a noob to be honest, how do i know if the tube is broken itself?

Last edited:
the more I think about it V4 most likely is the culprit. Since it is for gain stage and reverb return, if the tube goes it could generate noise and since it handles the return of the reverb to the amp - when you turn up the reverb you should be getting louder noise instead of reverb.

Beautiful. I just ordered a new tube to replace the V4.
Everything in channel one works fine, it's just the reverb.
I'll let you know how I go but seriously thanks so much!
I'm going to back your theory and hope for the best that it's just a dodgy tube.
You've been a great help mate.

Cheers!

Reactions: LVC
the more I think about it V4 most likely is the culprit. Since it is for gain stage and reverb return, if the tube goes it could generate noise and since it handles the return of the reverb to the amp - when you turn up the reverb you should be getting louder noise instead of reverb.

Hey LVC, i am embarrassed to admit this, but one of the power tubes was slightly not pushed in all the way and it fixed it immediately.
Thanks a lot for your help all the same!

Back
Top Bottom