First Telecaster......

It's a '52, bone stock.

It's a beauty and it's amazing that even in 2014, THAT right there, down to the fine details, is exactly what most guys still want when they say they want a Tele.

The only post-52 details worth wanting (to me) are compensated saddles and maybe 'blender' wiring with a 3-way switch. But the vintage bridge rules, to this day.

I just picked up my first tele .Its a mim and has a duncan little 59 in the bridge .I have a jerry donahue pickup and some brss saddles that I bought in a pawn shop about a year ago (too good a deal to pass up) . Thinking about putting the JD in instead of the 59 and putting a duncan prails in the neck and changing the steel saddles for the brass . Any advice from a seasoned tele owner?

Beautiful 52 !

Last edited:
Was playing a Nashville Tele with a B-Bender last week. I didn't really dig the whole bender thing, but the Tele was exquisite! Loved the 3-pickup config too. Never was a Tele lover but that one could sure change my mind!

Was playing a Nashville Tele with a B-Bender last week. I didn't really dig the whole bender thing, but the Tele was exquisite! Loved the 3-pickup config too. Never was a Tele lover but that one could sure change my mind!

I had a B-Bender a few years ago. Local used bargain I couldn't resist, but I re-sold it after the novelty wore off. Really neat thing that bender, but it made the guitar heavy and sapped away some tone mojo IMO. I don't know if it was that or the modern bridge\saddles\pickups, but it didn't really sound like a proper Tele to me, it sounded more like a generic Strat.

I too have a Dunca littlt 59 on a Tele. Makes the Tele sound more like an SG - but with a bit of a twang. I dig that but for a typical tele sound you should rather go with another PUP (original style bridge also seams important for a real tele sound; no brass junk, go with the two-strings-0n-each-piece bridge and the metal plate.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, a real '52. When I read '52 I just assumed it was a reissue. Lucky man! It looks perfect!!

Wow indeed.. I missed that this was a vintage '52. If there are pics, the aren't showing up for me on this thread.

Any chance this guitar shows up in the Blackguard book? the blackguard

Old teles can be hit or miss to some extend (like anything else).. but man when they are a hit.. they're something else. I tend to prefer the modern fret wire (6105) and flatter radius you find on the small builders teles these days though.

I just picked up my first tele .Its a mim and has a duncan little 59 in the bridge .I have a jerry donahue pickup and some brss saddles that I bought in a pawn shop about a year ago (too good a deal to pass up) . Thinking about putting the JD in instead of the 59 and putting a duncan prails in the neck and changing the steel saddles for the brass . Any advice from a seasoned tele owner?

Beautiful 52 !

When I was researching to purchase a Tele, I found many positive comments regarding Nocaster pickups. I bought a Nocaster Relic and love the damn thing.

Fender Custom Shop

Wow indeed.. I missed that this was a vintage '52. If there are pics, the aren't showing up for me on this thread.

Any chance this guitar shows up in the Blackguard book? the blackguard

Pics should show up.

It's not in the book, but I bought the guitar from Nacho Banos, the author. He's a class act, sold me a killer guitar....exactly as he told me it would be.

Back
Top Bottom