Sold my Friedman BE100

lessthanone

Inspired
Well, it was one of the best amps I've ever owned at doing the higher gain 80's tones and had a nice clean but lacked a little in the modern dept. Really cool guy from boston made me a great offer on the head and a charvel I had so I took it. Now Im on the fence and thinking either going Fractal again:encouragement: or perhaps trying a Suhr pt100. Pete happens to be one of my favorite current guitarist and I love everything he does. You only see glowing reviews of the pt100.

he already has a friedman and the axe fx lol. Its the reason I ended buying the real amp:D That amp is definitely the king of 80's metal and hot rod marshall tone. Realistically the axe fx was a better setup for me though. Im REALLY going to think this one out before I decide to drop cash on the Suhr PT100 or Axe FX xl though. Im SICK SICK SICK of buying and flipping lol.
Heres a clip I had done with it when I had my axe fx

Last edited:
I'll tell you what, mate: I love the bottom end "boing" in your clip. Sounds just like a real amp to me. Get an XL and put in the time to learn how to use it properly. It will evolve with your playing and tastes and has far more flexibility's than a real amp. I'm debating on selling my Mk 1 and getting an XL, but I doubt that I'd need all the new features. I do like the FASLINK idea though.

My last tube amp was a pt100. I sold it to get a standard back in 2009. Great amp but I would find it very limiting now. There is just so much ground that the axe 2 covers I don't think I could be happy with just that anymore. It was the most noise free high gain heads I ever had. I rarely used a gate on it.

I had a Suhr OD-100 SE+. I loved it but it was crazy loud. I think John Suhr is some kind of alien. Everything he makes is wonderful. However, I feel I get essentially the same tones from the AXE with a universe of pluses no amp will ever be able to give me.

Im beginning to think selling the BE100 was a mistake... Bought a Bogner Ecstasy and Im not sure I like it at this point. Was trying to but it just has a weird kind of blanketed tone. Sounds good, but weird

Im beginning to think selling the BE100 was a mistake... Bought a Bogner Ecstasy and Im not sure I like it at this point. Was trying to but it just has a weird kind of blanketed tone. Sounds good, but weird

People think Bogners are dark but they really aren't. The reason they seem that way is the pot tapers. Most people assume knobs should be set somewhere around noon. If you do this on a Bogner it's like turning the treble way down on a Marshall. Close your eyes and adjust the tone controls with your ears. Don't be afraid to turn them way up or way down.

People think Bogners are dark but they really aren't. The reason they seem that way is the pot tapers. Most people assume knobs should be set somewhere around noon. If you do this on a Bogner it's like turning the treble way down on a Marshall. Close your eyes and adjust the tone controls with your ears. Don't be afraid to turn them way up or way down.

Do you know why they're like this? Is seems weird to me that this would be the intended behaviour (not doubting you, just trying to understand). The Diezels seem to have this same kind of taper as well, and sound very dark through a lot of the range.

Yea, I tried some forum bro's recommended settings today while juicing it up. Still didn't like what I was hearing. They're definitely interesting sounding "swiss army knife" amps but not for me. Some people also recommended doing some of the common mods on it but Im not a fan of modding,especially on a brand new $3500+ amp lol. Went back, just deciding if I am going to wait for the axe units to be back in stock or just order another Friedman

I like the Bogners. Blue Modern is a killer sound.
Thinking of buying a real one. I'm trying one tomorrow. Just to have a great amp in house.

Yea, I tried some forum bro's recommended settings today while juicing it up. Still didn't like what I was hearing. They're definitely interesting sounding "swiss army knife" amps but not for me. Some people also recommended doing some of the common mods on it but Im not a fan of modding,especially on a brand new $3500+ amp lol. Went back, just deciding if I am going to wait for the axe units to be back in stock or just order another Friedman

You bought your Friedman back, huh?

Back
Top Bottom