FAS Brootalz: Don't let the name fool you.

biggness

Power User
Cliff, can you tell us more about this one? It is grrrreat!!! It covers a lot ground, while maintaining excellent string separation and clarity. Throw in the fact that sounds awesome without a clean boost up front, and this one is shaping up to become my new favorite amp in the box.

And I love it. :lol

No doubt it can do teh brootz, but surprisingly, it can do other types of metal too. I am getting a major kick out of it, with my 80's hair metal patch. I can only imagine how awesome the 80's would have sounded, if they had an amp model like this available. Probably would sound like this picture looks:

BadKidHairsprayFire.jpg

I included my 80's patch, along with two UltraRes Cabs that user LPSlinger shared with us here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/82868-85-jcm800-super-lead-cab-ur-irs.html

I am using 4x12 1960A FATHEAD 3EDGE and 4x12 1960A FATHEAD 2EDGE.

Attachments

• Brootz.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 4x12 1960A FATHEAD 2EDGE.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 4x12 1960A FATHEAD 3EDGE.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 94
Cliff, can you tell us more about this one? It is grrrreat!!! It covers a lot ground, while maintaining excellent string separation and clarity.

I'm not Cliff, but this is some kind of a Fractal Savage Style Amp....the same kind of compression on harder string attack, phatness and definition as the savage does to my ears, but slightly different......:D

....guess there is something with the tonestack and the 3rd gain stage.....:mrgreen:frog::anonymous:

Last edited:
nice patch , how does that pitch detune get that chorusy effect without the slush of a chorus.
it's wicked 80's sounding :)
very cool

I tried it and with gain really low, it can do nice overdriven lead sound, it sounds real sweet, no metal in sight :)

for some reason, with the bright switch on, the amp reminded me of a boss hm-2 heavy metal pedal.

I seem to like it better with the boost on and the gain dialed back. Seems less "squaky" that way.

With CF Comp turned up some, this combination makes for a clear and balanced tone for my detuned 7-string :)

If you have not tried this amp, just do it! I mean really, this thing kicks some serious ass. I got the most amazing 80's type rock sound with very little effort. I wish I would have been able to get this sound while I was gigging. DAMN! This thing is just amazing. Back to pissing the neighbors off.

Peace,

Mj

Very happy accident if you ask me. This thing is killer! Loving this as well as the Savage... and the new Rectos are pretty great too! Awesome update!

I included my 80's patch, along with two UltraRes Cabs that user LPSlinger shared with us here:

'85 JCM800 Super Lead Cab UR IRs

I am using 4x12 1960A FATHEAD 3EDGE and 4x12 1960A FATHEAD 2EDGE.
Nice! The captures sound great with this amp!! \m/

Your playing is killer dude!!

Thanks man, really nice of you to say! I guess I got lucky enough to not screw up too horribly for just long enough to make a fun little clip, lol. It's definitely a fun amp to play through, that's for sure. Even though it's as thick as it is, the Brootz has a cut and slice to the highs and upper mids that gives it this white-hot fire breathing kind of sound and feel that really makes you just not want to put it down.

I must've experimented with that map for hours that day. Happy accident indeed, hah.

Back
Top Bottom