VAN HALEN - 5150 (1986) video w/patch

That was absolutely fantastic!! You just helped Fractal sell another OwnHammer UltraRes pack as I'm downloading it now! :mrgreen

I havnt had a chance to try this patch yet since I am traveling. My question is can this be setup for mono to play live or does it specifically need to be hard panned for the tone?

I'm also looking at this product. Once you've tried it out can you post your findings ...Thanks

That was absolutely fantastic!! You just helped Fractal sell another OwnHammer UltraRes pack as I'm downloading it now! :mrgreen

Last edited:
The cab is free and was included with the firmware v13 release. I took it one step further and tonematched it as well. Great job thanks

I havnt had a chance to try this patch yet since I am traveling. My question is can this be setup for mono to play live or does it specifically need to be hard panned for the tone?

of course! it works well with a mono setup, the stereo thing is just there to get as close as possible to Eddie's tone on the album :)

Hey Rocco how are you liking the Chapman guitar?

I'm loving the Hot Rod! It's the simplicity of it that really makes you focus more about the playing and less about knobs,pickups etc! and the tone is awesome! some months ago I was watching a Phil X video where he explained how one-humbucker guitars usually sound better to his ears; the neck pickup, even when it's not in use, still retains some magnetic pull on the strings which slightly chokes them. it's not that noticeable if you don't think about it, but I definitely think it's true, it's the same thing with my kramer baretta. it does sound different than other guitars with two humbuckers, the hi-gain tones have something special compared to my other "regular" guitars!

Wow, this is SO nice!
On a sidenote: How are you liking the 36th anniversary JB compared to a normal JB or the Duncan Custom?

thanks dude! the 35th has definitely got a vintage vibe compared to the regular jb, it's more articulate imo! it's also a bit more midrange focused and much brighter than the standard jb/custom, which is good for cutting trough the mix. The main specs are: single-conductor wire, rough-cast magnets, butyrate bobbins, and long-legged bottom plates featuring a special laser-engraved 35th Anniversary logo

Grandissimo!!!
Che precisione e che classe nel suonare.
Sono invidiosissimo!!!

Scusa una cosa: dove si acquistano le chitarre Champan?
ciao
posta ancora dei video che torno indietro nel tempo...... Sigh!

haha grazie! le Chapman le trovi su Andertons.uk! comunque nel giro di 3 giorni ti arrivano a casa, ottimo servizio (la spedizione è fissa a 10€!)

Trying to decide which I like more. That note that Sammy hits on the fade out of this song, or Rocco's playing/tone. Hmmm....yeah, Rocco wins for sure!! Another winner, man. So damn well done as always. People, if you haven't purchased Rocco's album yet, (Plastic Mind Frequencies) do yourself a favor and do it! Even if I didn't like the album, (which I very much do!) I'd feel better for putting some coin in his pocket in exchange for all the smiles he puts on my face with the videos of all these classic songs. Great playing, great tone, Rocco rules. 'Nuff said. :)

having downloaded the patch and had a look, i'm actually surprised that the brit brown was used and not one of the VH amps, like the 5153 red, or the PVH 61660. i've read somewhere on the net that eddie liked to run these into the power section of his marshalls sometimes. would be interesting to see what they sound like with the tube type changed from 6L6 to EL34...

edit: just digging a bit more and it seems eddie didn't get his first sig amp until OU812...

Last edited:
Sorry but I can hear the difference between the two clips. LOL.

Thanks for the patch. Stunning work as always, PR!

Ciao,
scusa ma abuso ancora della tua disponibilità: cosa ne pensi delle Chapman? Vorrei orientarmi sull'acquisto di una sette corde col ponte fisso e mi chiedevo ... la qualità generale com'è? (capisco che sono chitarre comunque da "poco"... o mi sbaglio?
grazie
ciao

looks so effortless and fun to play. Thanks for sharing the preset and for playing the song so we can see how you played it.

Back
Top Bottom