Help: Trying to bild a Burman Pro 4000 Amp in the Axe FX 2

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I need some help from the sage members on the forum and maybe Cliff or the FAS crew if this subject is of interest.

Cliff has said that we could basically build most amps in the box using FW12.

I am trying to build this Burman Pro 4000 amp in the unit based on what info I could find:
Burman Amps Reviews
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/L08515/25.jpg

I started out using the Brit Super as my base amp.

I switched the tone stack out for the Recto Red as the default tone stack seemed to have the wrong tambre.

I also altered the bias and a bunch of parameters, but I am not getting as close as I'd like since since either the bass notes are either fuzzing out more than where I am trying to get or the notes on the high e are splattering.

Any hints or suggestions to help me get where I want to go in simulating this amp would be awesome please?

This is really the tone I am going for, for good or for ill:
[video]killing joke love like blood[/video]

dr bonkers,

I tried to listen to the sound you're going for, via the link in your first post, but the file can't be found. Any chance you can try again? Thought I'd see what it sounded like, since it is an amp that I'm not familiar with. Good luck.

Cheers,

Lee

dr bonkers,

I tried to listen to the sound you're going for, via the link in your first post, but the file can't be found. Any chance you can try again? Thought I'd see what it sounded like, since it is an amp that I'm not familiar with. Good luck.

Cheers,

Lee

here is another link with the guitar sound:

also remember tryign to emulate amps without using the same kinda guitar pickup confguration is tough.. if the band uses a P90 guitar pickup then humbuckers or a strat will sound different. The way the amp reacts changes with each pickup used.
This era of killing joke -in the video at least- hes plays that es-295 hollowbody which will have crazy sustain at higher gain.. from his wiki Page

Having started out with a Burman amplifier with custom Burman 8 x 10 cabinets, He currently uses 2 x Framus Dragon Head amplifiers, he has also recently experimented with a Marshall Vintage Modern which he describes as being similar to the Burmans (specifically the use of 4 pre amp tubes and KT66's although the Burmans had KT77's power amp valves).

So if you worked with the stock JVM setting and tweaked from their Im sure you'll get the closest. Its not a high gain tone just a pushed sound , to my ears along the same gain level as the angus young kinda tone. its not shreddy or fizzy but a sweet pushed tube amp
I have a P90 les paul so Im gonna start with that and work back with the JVM for ya. I'll post a link if i can come up with something. :)

Back
Top Bottom