Since FW13 I'm digging the 1987x over the Plexi 100 amp model

Gamedojo

Power User
The 1987x before the most recent firmwares was extremely harsh IMO. I couldn't get a good sound.

Last night I was just going through all the vintage plexi amp types and comparing and was shocked at the 1987x. especially when you consider it a regular production run marshall. I think I feel it to have far more character and attitude then the vintage plexi amps in the axe fx, and for pure classic rock sound, I may replace all my rock patches with this amp.

1987x Rocking with Strat

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff,

Is having a setting to add, remove or adjust this cap (or others in other amps) something that you could easily do? Just curious. I remember the bright cap being able to be "cut" by turning it down.

Thanks,

Roger

The 1987x doesn't have the 0.68uF cap on the last triode. Gives it a smoother distortion.

Cliff,

Is having a setting to add, remove or adjust this cap (or others in other amps) something that you could easily do? Just curious. I remember the bright cap being able to be "cut" by turning it down.

Thanks,

Roger

It's possible. In the model there are triode stages. You can set the Miller capacitance, plate impedance, cathode impedance, etc. Exposing those parameters would be possible but 99% of the users wouldn't understand the values.

It's possible. In the model there are triode stages. You can set the Miller capacitance, plate impedance, cathode impedance, etc. Exposing those parameters would be possible but 99% of the users wouldn't understand the values.

I remember you were studying an interface/software to allow user to built their amps. It could be a nice addiction to your product, even more interesting with XL, where you could add some slots for user amps.

How about just a drop down for fixed values? .068, .022 or none for example.

Roger

No no! don't worry. i was an amp builder before moving to the Axe Fx. So i'd love a discussion about further opening the parameters up in the advanced side of things. The tone is in the preamp and having that controllable might really make for some interesting scenarios.

Yes!

Back
Top Bottom