Wireless MIDI?

The MFC can actually be run on DC (the supply section is a switching converter). Power consumption is actually pretty good. With all LEDs on the consumption should be less than 500 mA.

If you were to use NiMH you would need 8-10 cells (9.6V - 12V). For any decent amount of capacity that would be a big pack.

If you don't mind the expense you could use a single LiPo battery pack. For about $70 you can get a 3000 mAH, 3S pack (approx 12V). That would last around 6-10 hours. You would need a special charger.

merlin17 said:
Could I run the MFC with a PedalPower2+?

I doubt it; Voodoo Labs confirmed that you couldn't power the LF Jr with it, and I'm pretty sure that this power supply is identical to that one.

porthos said:
to get back on topic:

I'm looking at this:
http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-widi-8.html

Does anyone have any experience with this unit and/or other wireless midi devices?

I'm anxiously awaiting both the Ultra and the MFC. They shipped today.
I have a MidiJet Pro that I am going to try as soon as I get my head wrapped around the new gear.
I actually forgot that I had it until I saw your post. I hope it works (and can't see how it wouldn't) because I don't want 2 seperate racks and right now we have everything in a rolling Odyssey case that our engineer has FOH. Guitar's already wireless. I don't mind having a power chord on the MFC on stage, but don't want a 100' MIDI cable taped to the snake.

I'll post something as soon as I've tried it.

merlin17 said:

No as the MFC needs AC.
I run the MFC out of my rack with VOODOO LAB PEDAL POWER AC. This power supply is further used for my ISP Decimator and EV Wireless Receiver. They all require an AC power supply

The original is only for damage reason

jens

luke2105 said:
merlin17 said:
No as the MFC needs AC.
Hey jens - Check out the reply from Fractalaudio a few posts before yours. Since the pp2+ has been known to power hungry stomp boxes such as the eventide ones, maybe it'll work for the MFC too. Just make sure to do the necessary measurements before you plug it in.

Back
Top Bottom