Why is Ares darker sounding than Q10.01?

I actually am experiencing the opposite? The Axe-Fx III seems brighter than the Axe-Fx II/AX8, using the exact preset, built from scratch.

Maybe it's Amp model specific? Which Amp model(s) are you comparing?

As a mater of fact, The Axe-Fx II (sometimes) seems slightly brighter than the AX8.

Last edited:
I actually am experiencing the opposite? The Axe-Fx III seems brighter than the Axe-Fx II/AX8, using the exact preset, built from scratch.

As a mater of fact, The Axe-Fx II (sometimes) seems slightly brighter than the AX8.
The Axe-Fx III has slightly more high end extension than the previous products. It's more accurate.

I was comparing the 5153 red channel. I'll record clips tomorrow or Monday.

What a bunch of lazily cynical mofos.

The OP asks a fair question regarding a just shy of $3k tool and a bunch of shameless parrots try to embarrass him for it.
I certainly expect better. It’s simply vulgar and beyond tolerable.
At least the head honcho at FAS took the fair question seriously.

The OP asks a fair question regarding a just shy of $3k tool and a bunch of shameless parrots try to embarrass him for it.

Wow... maybe you're painting with broad brush strokes, but if you think Moke is a parrot...

I was comparing the 5153 red channel. I'll record clips tomorrow or Monday.
Cool.. Maybe something is off from the conversion? Or it's just that model? Make sure that the presets are otherwise identical. There are some parameters that exist in one unit, but not the other... And vise versa..

Thou protests too much ...

Back
Top Bottom