U2 Presets and Effect Models

I finally got around to consolidating some of my presets by firmware version. They can be found here:

Michaels Axe-Fx Presets (Ultra & II)

Some of the older presets from the Ultra or older Axe II firmware versions have not been updated. As a result, there are generally fewer presets for the newer firmware versions. I don't have any major updates for v11 or v12. The v10 presets can be adjusted for the new firmware updates. As always, my presets are set up for a particular guitar/pickup used with the respective preset, so you may not get the same tone.

Let me know if there are any global amp problems. I use global amps and I'm not sure how the amp model was saved when these presets were created.

PLEASE NOTE THE LINK IN THE EARLIER POST IS NOT THE SAME THREAD. I couldn't edit the older post to update the link. Not sure why.

Last edited:
I just signed up and authenticated but I get a permissions error from the forums when I try to download the presets.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing sir!

(oh...still kicking myself for not grabbing your Explorer when it was up for sale. Congrats on the new Gibson though...amazing find!)

Great work! Is it possible for you to share your AFXII patches somewhere else, than U2guitartutorials forum? Because, we can't download the patches if we are not registered users there?

Axeman,
As always great presets! I know you must have spent tons of time working on these and sharing them is very generous of you!

For the Pride preset how do you have the delay set up - I looks to have 3 delays in it?

Edge uses two delays with slightly different times. It's really just one but he "thickens" it a little bit by using 420ms and 450ms. They end up separating a little bit with later repeats, but it's very subtle and not something most people would notice. Here are notes someone took from the Vertigo tour:

SDD3000 #1: 450ms
2290 #1: 40, 80, 52, 420ms
2290 #3: for the solo part only: 4, 85, 27, 437ms.

Third preset is for the solo. I put in more modulation and longer repeats.

Last edited:
If we do any U2 cover's..I'm going to check your stuff 1st!....good work and thanks!
Our lead is a chick...she is covering Journey(Perry/Pineda) really well.....Bono would definetly be in her range.

does anyone know whether its possible to save an amps settings from one preset and then save those same settings on an amp in another preset.

Yes

On hardware:
Recall > Effect
or Global Blocks

In Axe-Edit:
Effect > Edit > Copyright/Paste
Or Global Blocks
Or Block Library.

Back
Top Bottom