U2 Presets and Effect Models

Nice. You do a great job on those tutorials.

It is interesting that you are essentially making the AC30 into a non-Class A amp. By turning up the damp parameter, you are introducing negative feedback into the poweramp section (which Ac30s do not have). In case others did not know this also changes the way the Presence knob works. With the damp at 0 the Presence act as a HI-CUT, as you turn up the high cut (what was the presence knob) you roll of the highs. As soon as you turn the damp up from 0 the HI-CUT becomes presence and as you turn it up things get brighter.

The ac30 is not actually a class A amp, not sure why this is not widely known,
Also, since the amp models are based on the fractal simplified model of an amp (which is the sensible compromise these days, maybe full-on modelling will come in a few years), rather than valves and resistors, etc, you should not feel that it's wrong to change parameters that would be odd with a full model of all the amp components

Tweak away, and thanks to all like the posters here who put in the hours getting the best out of this kit

If II presets, load via Axe-Manage window. You can't load the Ultra presets in the II.
The 3 or so first patches he gave are for the II, and the one from smilefan.
The difference is in the file size.

Last edited:
I'm going to start the same thread under the Ultra forum and will upload most of my presets. I will continue to add my Axe II presets on this thread. There have been a lot of firmware updates lately, so I'll go through all my presets, make sure they work and put together a more organized file like smilefan and yek did for their sets.

Michael

Btw Axeman, U2 is my favorite band, for some reason I never really looked into the Edge's style until I started watching your videos, thank you so much your teaching has helped me look at U2 in a whole new light. Thanks again keep em coming

Can the axe to handle ultra presets or not? Thanks for all the you do Axeman!

Did you mean "can the Axe II handle...."? No the ultra presets cannot be used in the Axe2. I uploaded some of my Axe 2 presets already in another thread. I will upload my updates in a couple weeks.

M

Btw Axeman, U2 is my favorite band, for some reason I never really looked into the Edge's style until I started watching your videos, thank you so much your teaching has helped me look at U2 in a whole new light. Thanks again keep em coming

Yes, my favorite also. Glad I could provide some insights. I have many mentors and just work hard at it. I'm learning as I go.

Did you mean "can the Axe II handle...."? No the ultra presets cannot be used in the Axe2. I uploaded some of my Axe 2 presets already in another thread. I will upload my updates in a couple weeks.

M
Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the clarification sorry for the bad typing

Does anyone have an AC30 patch updated for the 6 series firmware? The tone in those tutorials sounded great, but after upgrading to version 6 they're not quite right.

Yes, my favorite also. Glad I could provide some insights. I have many mentors and just work hard at it. I'm learning as I go.

Just checked your site out. . .Nice! I have never tried to play anything by the Edge, because of all the damn effects. After watching a few of your videos, I felt like to Edge with the Axe Fx II. Thanks again.

I am having fun with this one. . .Might have to put strings on my strat plus and put down the PRS.

Thanks,
Ken

The ac30 is not actually a class A amp, not sure why this is not widely known,
Also, since the amp models are based on the fractal simplified model of an amp (which is the sensible compromise these days, maybe full-on modelling will come in a few years), rather than valves and resistors, etc, you should not feel that it's wrong to change parameters that would be odd with a full model of all the amp components

Tweak away, and thanks to all like the posters here who put in the hours getting the best out of this kit

Pardon me, but who has ever said that the modelling wasn't "full on"? All the info I've read was that everything was modelled in detail.

Hmmm, the AC30 models still seem a bit thin and weedy to my ears, I have An Axe FX standard and a real AC30 and the model still suffers from the same issues, just doesn't seem rounded or full enough, with weird honking-type tones on individual strings instead of the harmonic richness usually found. Hopefully this will get sorted out at some point, until then I'll hold off on an Axe FX 2.

Not bagging out the Axe as it does other models very well, just AC30 seems one of the weaker models.

Hmmm, the AC30 models still seem a bit thin and weedy to my ears, I have An Axe FX standard and a real AC30 and the model still suffers from the same issues, just doesn't seem rounded or full enough, with weird honking-type tones on individual strings instead of the harmonic richness usually found. Hopefully this will get sorted out at some point, until then I'll hold off on an Axe FX 2.

Not bagging out the Axe as it does other models very well, just AC30 seems one of the weaker models.

Have you spent time with every single adjustment in the model (especially on the advanced tab)? The default models are not very good. I agree the Ultra is lacking but the 6.02 version of the II is excellent.

Have you spent time with every single adjustment in the model (especially on the advanced tab)? The default models are not very good. I agree the Ultra is lacking but the 6.02 version of the II is excellent.

Yeah, I've spent the last two years in the advanced menus on the older Axe, is 6.02 on the Axe 2 that good? I wouldn't mind hearing it in that case, will try to hunt down some clips.

If Cliff can get a truly great AC30 TB model then I'll be buying immediately.

Back
Top Bottom