Trey A for AX8 FW9.04

iaresee

Administrator
I wasn't going to do any more Trey A rig updates. I figured I'd run that ship aground. But then @fastgraham started asking about octave down Trey tricks from the latest Trio tour and OHMYGODICANTHELPMYSELFILOVETREYANDHISTONESOMUCHANDIFIMETHIMINREALLIFEIDJUSTDIEITELLYOU. Die. :D

So...uh...here's an updated bundle for y'all. Tuned for 9.04 using my PRS Hollowbody. There are four presets clustered around delays, modulation, rotary and tricks. All the presets contain the same Komet 60 + AC-20 IR combination -- this combination, with my PRS, feels closest to Trey's Komet + Ambi-Kab setup he's using thee days and, honestly, in some instances better. I think Trey's gone a little too far afield lately and he's suffering some confidence from not knowing his gear so well anymore.

The first three presets are pretty self-explanatory. There's a wah on EXP1 and a volume block on EXP2 and the bevvy of effects in these are pretty standard stuff.

The last preset, Tricks, now that's where @fastgraham might find what he's after. This one defaults to Jedi Whale Call Trey noises. Big delay, big gain, pitch block setup for +1 Octave whammy mode. There's also a looper in this preset so you can loop your jedi whale calls and make the audience love you even more.

If you want to get down, forget the pitch block and turn on the Filter 2 block. That one is setup for muuuuuuu-tron and muuuuuuuu-tron real good it does. You'll probably need to play with the envelope filter settings to get it just right for your guitar and style. I roll the volume on my PRS back a bit if I don't want the filter to open so quickly or easily.

When you really, really want to bring the dirty dirty funk switch the pitch block to the Y-side, roll you expression pedal all toe down to engage it and keep the mu-tron and the delay on. Now you're rocking an Octave divider into the 'Tron into the Drive into the Delay and seriously you just killed everyone in the audience with your extreme funkiness. Hope you're happy? I know I am every time I slay with these settings.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-03_at_10_22_31_PM.png

Get the bundle of four presets here: http://bit.ly/2reYoHd

Enjoy!

Thanks buddy. Hitting Left Coast shows this summer? I am doing Raleigh only, sigh.
If they head left I’ll be there. Might try for Dicks this year. Trey just announced a solo show in Oakland so that’s awesome. And Mike’s band did a two night run in San Francisco earlier this year that was fabulous.

If they head left I’ll be there. Might try for Dicks this year. Trey just announced a solo show in Oakland so that’s awesome. And Mike’s band did a two night run in San Francisco earlier this year that was fabulous.
Ian, if you head for Dick's we should connect...

I used these presets tonight with band and my Suhr Classic Pro into my XiTone MBritt and they were FANTASTIC! I was not expecting them to translate so well to the Suhr given they were dialed with a polar opposite guitar but I was in tone heaven gigging tonight.

Very Nice! Trey has definitely been suffering from "that switch used to be over here" syndrome. Thanks for putting in the time on these!

I'm borrowing a friend's AX8, these were the first patches I loaded up, and so far I'm loving it! Thanks so much, iaresse, for the patches, they're killer!

I've done some digging and didn't see them, but does anyone have a classic trey patch based on the mid-late 90's Boogie cleans?

Now to go reverb a bunch of gear for my own AX8!

I've done some digging and didn't see them, but does anyone have a classic trey patch based on the mid-late 90's Boogie cleans?
I do, but I won't be able to post it until next weekend. I'm traveling and away from my gear at the moment.

I've got a Trey A super preset for the III that holds a Mesa, Deluxe and Komet AMP-CAB setup in one preset that's bananas to play. Like time traveling through the rift.

I do, but I won't be able to post it until next weekend. I'm traveling and away from my gear at the moment.

I've got a Trey A super preset for the III that holds a Mesa, Deluxe and Komet AMP-CAB setup in one preset that's bananas to play. Like time traveling through the rift.

:hearteyes: Awesome, Thanks!

Hey Ian; any site where to listen some album work of this man ? Not so much available on YouTube. The live photos absolutely look fantastic but he's not commonly known here in France (I live in an old country, I know..)
Looking forward to hear more of his work.

Hey Ian; any site where to listen some album work of this man ? Not so much available on YouTube. The live photos absolutely look fantastic but he's not commonly known here in France (I live in an old country, I know..)
Looking forward to hear more of his work.
Phish? Trey? You bet. They're all over YouTube. Here's a full concert from 2014 for example:

Some choice cuts though...

A '95 Down With Disease back when Trey could shred:

Oh. A '95 Possum is always fun:

A '97 Tube? Yea!

The (in)famous Tahoe Tweezer?

I looooove a Tweezer Reprise! Pure rock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlyrV_aWGhM

So like, be careful what you wish for because I throw Phish tracks at you all day and night. :)

Back
Top Bottom