Time synched FX, placed correctly on the beat?

From the description in the manual, the Run and Tempo parameters seem to conflict. It doesn't come right out and say so, but each seems to want to do different things to the LFO waveform, depend on what's going on at a specific time.

Also from the manual:

Reading between the lines again, it would seem that if you can program your MIDI pedal to send a rapid Off-On command sequence, you may be able to keep the LFO in time with an occassional tap of a footswitch.

That is what the run parameter is supposed to do but instead of using a quick on/off you are having the envelope do the off then on.

@Rex, yeah, I couldn't see a clear way to do this based on those docs. I guess I'm just hoping it's possible.
You'd have to have a MIDI controller that would be able to send two CC messages in rapid succession with the press of a single button.

That is what the run parameter is supposed to do but instead of using a quick on/off you are having the envelope do the off then on.
True. But looking at the manual, I could see where the Tempo parameter is trying to set a value on the LFO while the Run parameter is trying to set it to zero. Which one wins? I guess sam found out the hard way. :(

You'd have to have a MIDI controller that would be able to send two CC messages in rapid succession with the press of a single button.

It can be done with a standard toggle--set modifier start/mid/end to something like 100/0/100 and use enough damping (has to be 8 or 12 ms on the Ultra IIRC) for the movement to register as a stop & start.

True. But looking at the manual, I could see where the Tempo parameter is trying to set a value on the LFO while the Run parameter is trying to set it to zero. Which one wins? I guess sam found out the hard way. :(

On the Axe 1 there's no issue with this--the tempo setting is just another way to determine rate. The run control can always stop & restart the LFO.

Last edited:
It can be done with a standard toggle--set modifier start/mid/end to something like 100/0/100 and use enough damping (has to be 8 or 12 ms on the Ultra IIRC) for the movement to register as a stop & start.

On the Axe 1 there's no issue with this--the tempo setting is just another way to determine rate. The run control can always stop & restart the LFO.

Right, this is the way it should be on the II.

Plus the quick on/off does not reset the LFO, it does the same thing as the envelope. I just tried. I suspect this might just be a bug that crept in.

I think the manaul was just sataing A WAY to resync things, not THE WAY.

Last edited:
Ok, so it seems that maybe the Axe-II should be resetting the LFO to it's starting point when encountering an OFF message. Right now it just stops at its current location and picks up at the same place with the next ON message. At least that seems to be what I'm observing.

I think I will post this as a bug in the hopes that we can get LFO resets added as a working feature.

To all who posted thus far, thanks for your help with this.

Sam

Ok, so it seems that maybe the Axe-II should be resetting the LFO to it's starting point when encountering an OFF message. Right now it just stops at its current location and picks up at the same place with the next ON message. At least that seems to be what I'm observing.

I think I will post this as a bug in the hopes that we can get LFO resets added as a working feature.

To all who posted thus far, thanks for your help with this.

Sam

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom