The Tri-Chorus sound

FusionFanatic

Inspired
First... Thank You FAS for the final firmware for the now discontinued II,.. I know I’ll enjoy it for years to come until one day I get me a III!

Question: Knowing the II is full, and all the talk of wanting the Tri-Chorus and it being amazing... what exactly is the ‘Tri-Chorus’?

It must be some chorus effect (duh) probably with some delay and reverb in the mix I’m guessing? That 80’s clean chorus chime?

So... with all you FAS experts here... How would YOU go about emmulating this ‘exclusive’ sound with the II?

I figure, with all the time based effects we have available to us with the II, there must be a way to at least get close... yes/no?

Cliff? :)

Heck... I don’t even know what it sounds like lol, BUT, I’d like to hear it on a clean setting.

Guessing... Is it something like the Michael Landau clean sound on a song like ‘I’m Buzzed’?

Thanks

It's just chorus. You can't do it with the II. It's a unique algorithm and there's no way to adjust the chorus block to get the same results. The III has a separate tri-chorus algorithm.

But you can get a just as valid 80’s style chorus using the chorus allready there. The 80’s style schmoo is a stereo chorus combined with Detune. I’ve had both the Tri stereo chorus and the TC 1210 in my rigs and yes it sounds different but not radically different. You will be more than happy with a 1210 style chorus combined with detune.

It sounds cool, but there are a bunch of other cool chorus sounds which are very similar, plus detines etc.

To 99.9% of the audience it’s just going to sound like the 1980’s no matter what to use, so don’t sweat the details too much.

CE2 or Dimension and you can nail any 80s chorus tone

In some of my clean presets, I use several different chorus sounds... including detune. Some are on in the preset when I go there, some I programmed to turn on manually. They all sound different, and that’s great.

I was just wondering what the hype of the tri-chorus is.

Can anyone post an example?

In some of my clean presets, I use several different chorus sounds... including detune. Some are on in the preset when I go there, some I programmed to turn on manually. They all sound different, and that’s great.

I was just wondering what the hype of the tri-chorus is.

Can anyone post an example?

The best tri-chorus video!

The best tri-chorus video!

That really does sound sweet, thanks for the video demo.

There was a Landau ‘quote’ in the video... yeah, that’s the ‘sound’.

As my guess said... I hear the chorus, strong multi delay, long ambient reverb, strong compression, with a bright, almost ‘ice pick’ clean tone foundation, most likely played on a Strat.

With that being said, unless I’m wrong... I think the Axe II can get kinda close. It’s really a combination of everything.

I think Cliff and some other ‘tone masters’ hear could make that sound pretty darn close with the II.

Any takers on the challenge? ;)

It's 'tri' for triple or for triangle? If it's for triangle, that means LFO, chorus is pretty simple LFO modulated delay line, isn't there a triangle LFO shape in the modifiers somewhere? You could assign that LFO in varying amounts to a pitch block's coarse and fine knobs at the same time.

If 'tri' is for triple, attach an LFO to 3 different pitch sources in varying amounts.

Nope 3 Chorus Left, Center, Right..

Split off the line, 3 blocks stacked, two pitch blocks (L/R, above and below chorus block), one mono chorus block (center). Mono chorus block rate off, depth whatever. Pitch blocks both mix at whatever %. One LFO modifier attached to both pitch block's coarse/fine (or both) in differing amounts, LFO also attached to chorus block's internal LFO position. (Somewhere is in there you can move it manually), or just let the mono chorus modulate itself. Two modulated pitch blocks on either side of any chorus block could be triple chorus.

Attach the LFO to the coarse and fine knobs both, but invert the fine knob with a different amount, so that as the coarse knob goes up, the fine knob drifts down by a few cents...and as the coarse knob goes down, the fine knob drifts up by a few cents.

The default mix for the Stereo Tri-Chorus is 100%, while every other chorus is 50%. In fact, the mix on this particular chorus acts differently ... Can any one explain?

Back
Top Bottom