The sense of loss is crushing. Axe-Fx III down for a few days.

Burgs

Power User
Haha. Dramatic, eh? It's true, though. Everyday I sit in my little room surrounded by great guitars, amps, pedals and cool stuff. In reality, however, and with all due respect to the makers of said cool stuff, the centre of my creativity and work is my Axe-FX III. After cooking dinner for the family (I'm the cook) I always come back to my room and relax by creating tones and presets that I like to share with you guys if I think they're OK. So the Axe-FX III really is "The Object" of my day to day world. Today the presets were doing odd things - input levels up and down ... it wasn't happy. Sputz, hum, levels everywhere. Clearly I'd burned a resistor or cap or some goddamn thing in the front end. So it's gone to the tech gods of Oz (thank you Andrew Farnham) on a fast train. But in the meantime: LOSS. OH GOD. Vacuum. Bigtime! Anyway, I just had to vent because it's a feeling far more saddening to me than losing a guitar. Is yours that important to you?

Why don’t you just drive over to Leon’s and play his for a while, its just a short drive from Melbourne to Perth.......isn’t it?................;)
Imagine how we feel, knowing that another stellar preset wont be forthcoming today........THE HORROR...........................................;););)

A bottle of Jamesons and an acoustic for a few days could inspire you to write love songs for your good wife .... maybe the odd one for the mother-in-law too.

Oh shit Burgs, that sucks!
Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery and return of your dearly beloved III !

I laughed out loud when I read your post, @Burgs. I’m dealing with the exact same issue!
My house was hit by lightning on Tuesday last week, it burned up the USB port on my III...along with about $2k worth of appliances and electronics throughout the house.
My axe arrived at Fractal HQ today and I just got an email from Kevin in service that it will be repaired tomorrow.
I actually broke out an old boss modeler to hold me over but it’s nowhere near the quality I am used to from my axe, so it just frustrates me. How did we ever get by before we got our first axe-fx units?

Last edited:
You're welcome to come to Michigan (it's summer this week!) and cook for us; in return I'll let you have your way with my Axe-Fx III. I have some great presets from this guy in Australia....

Why don’t you just drive over to Leon’s and play his for a while, its just a short drive from Melbourne to Perth.......isn’t it?................;)
Imagine how we feel, knowing that another stellar preset wont be forthcoming today........THE HORROR...........................................;););)
I feel like a drive today. Might just do that. By the time I get it back there'll probably be another FW update so more presets on the way!
That's very similar to how I spend my days so I imagine it must be melancholy at Burgs HQ. Just a lazy 36 hour or so drive to mine if you want to have a rip on mine!
Melancholy. Yes. I have to use those big wooden box things to make pedal demos now. Oh, the shame.
Hey Burgs, it’d be faster to fly to my place in Texas than to drive to Leon’s place. Come on over!
I'd love to. Thanks for the invo, Rick!
A bottle of Jamesons and an acoustic for a few days could inspire you to write love songs for your good wife .... maybe the odd one for the mother-in-law too.
You know me too well.
Speaking of awesome Burg presets......if you haven’t yet tried his Rigorama Live preset .......it is spectacular! I’m using it as a Template now.
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/search-results.php?search=Rigorama&fields=all&products=0&setups=0
Is that one of mine? Man, now I really miss it. Thanks for the lurve, Brad!
Oh shit Burgs, that sucks!
Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery and return of your dearly beloved III !
Yeah, thanks Randy.
Bummer, I need treatment for BWS (Burgs Withdrawal Syndrome)...
I'll be baaack. :D
Really saddened to hear of your situation. Hoping they get the beast healed and back to you A.S.A.P.

And a little help along the way. https://www.helpguide.org/articles/grief/coping-with-grief-and-loss.htm
Thank you. I shall bury myself in that article with a cup of tea and some warm slippers.
Some wicked nasty down under critter didn't crawl into it did they?
No, most of them live in the doorbell and window cavities.
I laughed out loud when I read your post, @Burgs. I’m dealing with the exact same issue!
My house was hit by lightning on Tuesday last week, it burned up the USB port on my III...along with about $2k worth of appliances and electronics throughout the house.
My axe arrived at Fractal HQ today and I just got an email from Kevin in service that it will be repaired tomorrow.
I actually broke out an old boss modeler to hold me over but it’s nowhere near the quality I am used to from my axe, so it just frustrates me. How did we ever get by before we got our first axe-fx units?
Lightning. Cripes, that season is upon us fairly soon. Something else to look forward to. It's true, though, I said in an interview just last week that the most important bit of gear in my arsenal was the Axe. Now I've proved myself right. I miss it so! :D
You're welcome to come to Michigan (it's summer this week!) and cook for us; in return I'll let you have your way with my Axe-Fx III. I have some great presets from this guy in Australia....
Haha. Thanks! I'm very flattered. I'd love to visit your part of the world again. It's been 20 years or so.

How long's it gone for?
Thanks
Pauly

Haha. Dramatic, eh? It's true, though. Everyday I sit in my little room surrounded by great guitars, amps, pedals and cool stuff. In reality, however, and with all due respect to the makers of said cool stuff, the centre of my creativity and work is my Axe-FX III. After cooking dinner for the family (I'm the cook) I always come back to my room and relax by creating tones and presets that I like to share with you guys if I think they're OK. So the Axe-FX III really is "The Object" of my day to day world. Today the presets were doing odd things - input levels up and down ... it wasn't happy. Sputz, hum, levels everywhere. Clearly I'd burned a resistor or cap or some goddamn thing in the front end. So it's gone to the tech gods of Oz (thank you Andrew Farnham) on a fast train. But in the meantime: LOSS. OH GOD. Vacuum. Bigtime! Anyway, I just had to vent because it's a feeling far more saddening to me than losing a guitar. Is yours that important to you?

Far out that's terrible
If you need a few hours on one, holler.
Thanks
Pauly

As long as it takes to get to QLD, have the input replaced (or whatever needs doing) and shipped back. I'm guessing inside 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom