Strange sound when switching to Gibtone Scout

jezeline

Hi there,

first of all: Im sorry, if this question was posted somewhere else/if its totally trivial - I tried to find a solution but I wasnt successful....

So: I did a very simple "classic jazz tone" preset using the gibtone scout - just the amp on a clean setting and some reverb and a 1x10 Prince Tone cab.

Now: Whenever I call this preset the axe makes some "short strange bassy blopp" (?) sound. I am quite sure its the amp - if I bypass it, the sound is gone, if I move the preset to an other preset number with the amp on its there again..

Once again: (At least consciously) I only changed the basic amp parameters to get a clean tone and lifted the output vol...

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I've FW Quantum 7.00

Last edited:
Hi there,

first of all: Im sorry, if this question was posted somewhere else/if its totally trivial - I tried to find a solution but I wasnt successful....

So: I did a very simple "classic jazz tone" preset using the gibtone scout - just the amp on a clean setting and some reverb and a 1x10 Prince Tone cab.

Now: Whenever I call this preset the axe makes some "short strange bassy blopp" (?) sound. I am quite sure its the amp - if I bypass it, the sound is gone, if I move the preset to an other preset number with the amp on its there again..

Once again: (At least consciously) I only changed the basic amp parameters to get a clean tone and lifted the output vol...

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I've FW Quantum 7.00
Can you post your preset and maybe a sound clip?

Thanks for the reply.

Attached is the preset (as I said above - a trival try) and

here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/czdjqzu43l64s5y/AxeTest.mp3?dl=0
is a short mp3 with the blop (?) - I switched back and forth to another preset twice, so twice you hear the bass-blop when I switch to the Scout and twice a rather quiet change to the other preset. Maybe this is usual and I haven't noticed it so far (I have a new box since a few days thats why I am redoing some presets), I am just surprised by the volume of the sound (I do not know, if its well audible in the file, but if this comes through a sub grannys teeth fall out.....)

Thanks again for any info (also if I just exaggerating).

Cheers

Attachments

• Gibson Scout.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
I see. Thanks so much for the explanation (and sorry if this question was trivial). However: I really appreciate the perfect customer support!

Back
Top Bottom