Strange behavior in 6.02 [FIXED in 6.03]

If they're trying to nail down the issue, it sounds like they haven't reproduced it yet.
Yeah, I guess it's pure speculation either way. The only thing I can say with certainty is that they didn't ask me to send in my unit, so I assumed they may already have one that allowed them to reproduce.

I do (read the whole thread).
Thanks for your reply. I understand that I could have searched back through the thread to find the answer, but that means digging through 120 posts. Putting those two pieces of information together in one post saves a lot of time for the troubleshooters who are sifting through the thread looking for correlations.

Thanks for your reply. I understand that I could have searched back through the thread to find the answer, but that means digging through 120 posts. Putting those two pieces of information together in one post saves a lot of time for the troubleshooters who are sifting through the thread looking for correlations.

I see.
So I purchased an XL+ a short while ago (~10 days).
The 6.02 firmware froze every now and then when I was using AXE-Edit.
Some times the Quantum logo just froze on the LCD of the unit. Sometimes the LCD was blank.
It happened when I browsed through presets or even when I "dragged" presets or cabs from a PC library to the AXE-Edit menus.

After installing the 6.02beta everything worked flawless. Not a single crash or other bug which I noticed.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Rex
I see.
Some times the Quantum logo just froze on the LCD of the unit. Sometimes the LCD was blank.
It happened when I browsed through presets or even when I "dragged" presets or cabs from a PC library to the AXE-Edit menus.

After installing the 6.02beta everything worked flawless. Not a single crash or other bug which I noticed.

Hope this helps.
These are the classic symptoms of this particular problem.

I see.

Hope this helps.
Cool. So we have some data points correlating existence of the issue and the date of original purchase:

Date purchased new Hang issue exists (Yes/No) Owner
23 December 2016 yes ODboy
October 2016 yes Stink
2 September 2016 yes BrienHBrown
2014 no Burgs
2015 yes Burgs

Let's add to this list to make it more useful. If you have an XL+, add a line to the table above. To do that, just copy the table I posted above, and add a line at the end of the table, describing your situation. Then post your new spreadsheet here in this thread. Thanks for your help.

Here is my uneducated but experiential take on what we seem to know so far about this.
ALL affected units are XL+ 6.02 final
There is no correlation between MFC use and occurances.
Most of the freezes occur when changing or modding presets, either by Axedit, or manually scrolling on the unit, but connection to Axeedit is not required for occurrences .
There may be a higher rate of affected machines in newer XL+ purchases.
6.02 beta is stable.
Sound will drop out immediately, unit screen will freeze either on Quantum splash screen, blank screen, or Layout Page, and most often a "preset query" alert or two or three will appear on axeedit, if being used..
Unit will always (manually) reboot correctly and connect with Axe edit until the next freeze, which typically (on my affected unit at least) will happen within a half-hour, in my testing, the longest gap between freezes once they begin is just under three hours.
There may be a connection to the preset numbers 458 and 459, as a couple of us have had freezes on those, but its not consistent or reproducible.
This is not platform-specific (happens on Mac and Pc-connected and unconnected units.
System resets, FW reinstalls, complete wiping of all presets and settings, and isolation of the unit has no apparent effect on this.

Cool. So we have some data points correlating existence of the issue and the date of original purchase:

Date purchased new Hang issue exists (Yes/No) Owner
23 December 2016 yes ODboy
October 2016 yes Stink
2 September 2016 yes BrienHBrown
2014 no Burgs
2015 yes Burgs
11/28 2016. Yees. Bradlake

Let's add to this list to make it more useful. If you have an XL+, add a line to the table above. To do that, just copy the table I posted above, and add a line at the end of the table, describing your situation. Then post your new spreadsheet here in this thread. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Rex
Date purchased new ----- Hang issue exists (Yes/No) ----- Owner
23 December 2016 --------- yes -------------------------------------- ODboy
October 2016 ----------------- yes -------------------------------------- Stink
2 September 2016 ----------- yes -------------------------------------- BrienHBrown
2014 ---------------------------- no ---------------------------------------- Burgs
2015 ---------------------------- yes --------------------------------------- Burgs
11/28 2016 -------------------- Yes -------------------------------------- Bradlake

Cool. FIrst update goes to @bradlake. Let' keep 'er goin'!

Yeah, I guess it's pure speculation either way. The only thing I can say with certainty is that they didn't ask me to send in my unit, so I assumed they may already have one that allowed them to reproduce.
Bear in mind that most of this activity has taken place over a long holiday weekend..My guess is that today or tomorrow, some of us may be hearing more from support. I'm amazed that we got the responses we did, and the fact that Cliff seems to be actively involved already , while not surprising, is always encouraging.

23 December 2016 --------- yes --------------------------------------- ODboy
October 2016 ----------------- yes --------------------------------------- Stink
2 September 2016 ----------- yes -------------------------------------- BrienHBrown
2014 ------------------------------ no ---------------------------------------- Burgs
2015 ----------------------------- yes --------------------------------------- Burgs
11/28 2016 -------------------- Yes --------------------------------------- Bradlake
12/2015 ------------------------ No ---------------------------------------- Jason Scott

Bear in mind that most of this activity has taken place over a long holiday weekend..My guess is that today or tomorrow, some of us may be hearing more from support. I'm amazed that we got the responses we did, and the fact that Cliff seems to be actively involved already , while not surprising, is always encouraging.
Oh, we're used to it. Holidays, weekends. Cliff is always around. The guy is a friggin fanatic. Above and beyond!

You'd have to be a total tony mckenzie not to love him. Do NOT google that name. Cliff called that guy good.

Luv'ya, Cliff!

October 2016 ----------------- yes --------------------------------------- Stink
2014 ------------------------------ no ---------------------------------------- Burgs
2015 ----------------------------- yes --------------------------------------- Burgs
11/28 2016 -------------------- Yes --------------------------------------- Bradlake
12/2015 ------------------------ No ---------------------------------------- Jason Scott
7/2016 ---------------------------Yes --------------------------------------- Etudica

7/2016 ---------------------------Yes --------------------------------------- Etudica
5 March 2015 ------------------No----------------------------------------- Barhrecords

NewDate purchased new ----- Hang issue exists (Yes/No) ----- Owner
5 March 2015 ------------------No----------------------------------------- Barhrecords
6/1/2015 ------------------------No------------------------------------------RDH

Those that are having problems please indicate the following Global parameter values:
Default Modeling Version
Force Default Version
Power Amp Modeling
Spillover

Also indicate the following I/O settings:
USB/DIGI Out Source
USB Buffer Size
MIDI Echo to MIDI Out

Those that are having problems please indicate the following Global parameter values:
Default Modeling Version
Force Default Version
Power Amp Modeling
Spillover

Also indicate the following I/O settings:
USB/DIGI Out Source
USB Buffer Size
MIDI Echo to MIDI Out

most of us affected here have reverted to the beta. would you like the requested values from that, or would you want them from affected units on 6.02 final, which requires a reinstall which of course I'm willing to do......

most of us affected here have reverted to the beta. would you like the requested values from that, or would you want them from affected units on 6.02 final, which requires a reinstall which of course I'm willing to do......

Installing the release version will not change these values.

Back
Top Bottom