Since FW13 I'm digging the 1987x over the Plexi 100 amp model

Every time I hear Tyler play his strat thru his axefx it makes me like Les Pauls less. I love the look of LPs but that strat sound he gets is absolutely amazing.

Have to agree on the 1987x.. I liked it in the early FW's to some extent but it fell off the list for me.. when FW13 released, I ran through the Marshalls right off and the 1987x stood out to me. I like running it with my LsL strat on the bridge p/u with an 808 set for clean boost to punch up the mids and typically G12M based IRs. I still like the Plexi models but the 1987x is right there with them depending on what I'm going for. More rock and less classic rock.. so to speak.

It's possible. In the model there are triode stages. You can set the Miller capacitance, plate impedance, cathode impedance, etc. Exposing those parameters would be possible but 99% of the users wouldn't understand the values.

Though it's been a while since I last built or even modified an amp I do remember just enough to be dangerous with a soldering iron. Fortunately changing parameters in the AxeFX doesn't require an iron. :) I would love to see more advanced parameters exposed for editing.

Great sounds Tyler! The 1987x was my favorite Marshall back in the day and the model 1987x in the AxeFX II (for the past several firmware versions especially) is my favorite of all the Marshall models.

Back
Top Bottom