Quad Chorus

I really liked the Quad as it has kind of its own original vibe instead of trying to emulate something else. hopefully it'll make a return in the III at some point.

If you are shooting for that 80s chorus that Fulltone recreated, one of the best tones is two Chorus in parallel one with the LFOs slow rate of speed and one the the LFO a moderate rate of speed. I was watching Pete Thorn's video and on one of the best tones of the unit, he was using preset mode and manual mode on at the same time to give you a huge watery chorus that is like Michael Landau tone. I have not tried this yet, but I would think that you would need two trichorus one LFO set almost static, and one with a moderate setting. I am just not sure if the Fulltone unit is in parallel or series while running in both preset and manual mode. I am almost sure that a stereo detune is before the chorus with the fine tune pitch set at (-8) on the left channel and (+8) on the right. I would pull up Pete Thorn's video and try to match what he has. I believe the trichorus will match it but it will take a detune and two chorus. You may be able to use one chorus and use 4 of the chorus on the left with static LFO, and moderate with the remaining 4 chorus. Pete does show his mix of the left, center, and right so you can copy that. I don't have time now, but I will work on it next week.

The one think that I do notice that is very dominate. The Fulltone really colors the eq as well with unbelievable warmth. You have to get your strat very glassy clean. Listen before he engages the unit and after. It is adding detune, eq warmth without interfering with the glassy. He is using reverb but not over powering.

If you are shooting for that 80s chorus that Fulltone recreated, one of the best tones is two Chorus in parallel one with the LFOs slow rate of speed and one the the LFO a moderate rate of speed. I was watching Pete Thorn's video and on one of the best tones of the unit, he was using preset mode and manual mode on at the same time to give you a huge watery chorus that is like Michael Landau tone. I have not tried this yet, but I would think that you would need two trichorus one LFO set almost static, and one with a moderate setting. I am just not sure if the Fulltone unit is in parallel or series while running in both preset and manual mode. I am almost sure that a stereo detune is before the chorus with the fine tune pitch set at (-8) on the left channel and (+8) on the right. I would pull up Pete Thorn's video and try to match what he has. I believe the trichorus will match it but it will take a detune and two chorus. You may be able to use one chorus and use 4 of the chorus on the left with static LFO, and moderate with the remaining 4 chorus. Pete does show his mix of the left, center, and right so you can copy that. I don't have time now, but I will work on it next week.

That would be great, since the Tri-Chorus's parameter's don't match up at all with the Quad Chorus's parameter's. I have no idea how to replicate the Quad Chorus settings to the Tri-Chorus. I'm just peeing into the wind...LOL

That would be great, since the Tri-Chorus's parameter's don't match up at all with the Quad Chorus's parameter's. I have no idea how to replicate the Quad Chorus settings to the Tri-Chorus. I'm just peeing into the wind...LOL

The Quad Chorus can get very close - it’s what I liked to use on the Axe II. I only have one AX8 patch with chorus but I don’t have it in front of me and I can’t remember what I used.

Back
Top Bottom