Presenting the Boss CE-1 - MOAEE (Mother of All Effect Emulations)

Cool stuff! Btw, the vibrato sound clips didn't work for me.

Btw, Just a quick question. I just want to make sure, but when using the CE1 in stereo, is one output 100% dry, and the other 100% wet?

Last edited:
Sean, on the Vibrato comparison clip, some licks have a much higher high frequency rolloff. was that a simple pickup switch or a giveaway on which is which ?

I just noticed something. In your post you mentioned that the delay time in the chorus setting was between 3-5 ms, but it goes all the way down to around 2.15ms in the preset you posted. Any particular reason for this?

I just noticed something. In your post you mentioned that the delay time in the chorus setting was between 3-5 ms, but it goes all the way down to around 2.15ms in the preset you posted. Any particular reason for this?

It sounded right. I had stated the the original had 3-5. Also, because of depth settings I never really get to that 2.15 second mark.

It sounded right. I had stated the the original had 3-5. Also, because of depth settings I never really get to that 2.15 second mark.

Ah, ok! I just slowed down the LFO and watched the numbers change on the modifier, and it went down to 2.15. Wouldn't that mean that it actually is 2.15ms at that point? I'm not arguing the correctness of the preset, I'm just curious about the use of a LFO controlling the delay time directly, since I never done that myself and I thought it was kinda cool :)

Ah, ok! I just slowed down the LFO and watched the numbers change on the modifier, and it went down to 2.15. Wouldn't that mean that it actually is 2.15ms at that point? I'm not arguing the correctness of the preset, I'm just curious about the use of a LFO controlling the delay time directly, since I never done that myself and I thought it was kinda cool :)

Yeah, looking back the depth is pretty high on that ~90%. I just dialed in what I observed the CE-1 did with delay time and then tweaked the right values. I think the flanger in the axe-fx has some delay even at minimum value (like a little over 1/2 a ms) so you would need to add that in.

Back
Top Bottom