Patch panel and custom wiring from best-tronics.

Keg8605

Power User
I recently had Best-Tronics do a custom patch panel for my 4u axe fx rig. It turned out great! This is a rig capable of any sound you need. I'm using a fishman triple play to trigger synths through mainstage, hence the focusrite interface. See the pics below. They did exactly what I wanted. They spliced the monster power cable and put the powercon on the existing cable. I also had them make a power out cable for either a clr or power amp / cab setup. Exceptional work from them!

I'm really happy with the job and had a great experience dealing with them. They have some new exciting things going on over there.

Fractal Axe-FX Panels

udybe3av.jpg
umuju2ad.jpg
eza9eme3.jpg
4ynu7e2a.jpg
5avudaha.jpg
vubydaqu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Clive! Yea I just didn't want any fail points and knew their stuff is quality. I just like how much room there is in there now. It was quite messy before!

Totally slick. Very nice work.

I just started using the exact same wireless you are using too a few weeks ago. I'm very impressed so far.

Thanks Guys!

SW? SweetWater? What model rack are you using? Will the panel work with any rack? The Focusrite must not be too deep, really worked out great! Nice job.

Sent from my iPhone

That is correct. Sweetwater is where I bought the hinged panel. Raxxess HVP-3 | Sweetwater.com Robert Williams is my guy there. The patch panel should work with any rack. Its standard rack size. The focusrite isn't all that deep which is basically why I needed the patch panel most. I had 1ft Trs to XLR cables dangling out the back of the rack. Not to mention wrapping up the monster cable to sit in the back. It really was a mess back there and drove me nuts. I could have done some wire tying but knew this was the only way for me to go. I absolutely love the rig.

The model rack case I'm using is the SKB Roto 4u.

I just started using the exact same wireless you are using too a few weeks ago. I'm very impressed so far.

Yea I love mine. That's why i was pushing it so hard here. 16 hrs of battery life is awesome! I'm never using cables these days.

How much did the panel cost? It looks great!
They haven't given me a final price yet. I had them make a panel for me 2 years ago with much less connectors and I believe that was around 240 or so. This will probably be much more considering the custom cable routing work, more connectors, more internal cabling, the firewire, and the power cable too. When I priced it out for parts I was in the 250-300 range too I think.

Not sure if you guys remember but they put together a huge rig for Dan Donegan of Disturbed a while back. They also did Fly Rigs for him and Jeremy (other guitarist) for their other band Fight or Flight with Matrix gt1000's and Fractals. Nice to have them as a local Chicago company here!

I went through Jim Croke at Best-Tronics by the way.

Last edited:
How much did the panel cost? It looks great!

The cost on everything varies per amount of ports (8,12,16) what type of extensions, lengths of cable whips, etc. As Keg8605 explained - your best bet is to contact us with everything you'd like and we can give you a quote! Generally 8 port panels are looking at $130-140. But again it varies on what you want.

Back
Top Bottom