OwnHammer 212 VX30 (V4) - Quantum 2 Firmware

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Hey everybody!

Here are some clips of the newly released V4 OwnHammer 212 VX30 Impulse Response Library, which contains not only the iconic Alnico Blue speakers, but also the venerable vintage 'black back' 55 Hz G12M-25's.

This library also contains an additional microphone, the SM58. All guitar and bass are using FAS Quantum 2 amps, and OwnHammer speaker cabinet IR's. Fun fact - the bass in the second clip is actually using IR's from the Vox!

Enjoy!

Is this any different from the Justin York collection??

Although this is same particular cab, this is NOT the same library. We've had an incredible response from the JYC and many people who have loved the Vox have also requested it with the OH V4 feature set along with the addition of the 58 being shot with positions 00-10 as well as adding the vintage Black Back that can be used alone or blended with the Alnico Blue.

The Blue is fantastic and has that signature "Voxy" tone to it, while the M-BB has its own thing going on and sounds great with pretty much any combo-style amp you throw at it. They work great independently and compliment each other when used together. It's like a Swiss Army knife of a cab for combos. It just sounds great with everything.

The JYC is still my baby, and I'm very proud of it, but it has A TON of files which can be option overload for some people. I love it, and Kevin was kind enough to shoot the cab the way I wanted and allowed me to make all of the mix recipes. This is HIS interpretation of the AC30 with all new shots (so no copy/paste), his mix recipes as well as 00-10 positions, FRED and EDGE captures for each mic, and M+ Quick Start files.

this sounds pretty awesome!

what's the deal with V4, i'm not really up to date,
the last IR's i've purchased were the HGE Essentials.

Is there a V4 version of the 4x12 MESA cab?

this sounds pretty awesome!

what's the deal with V4, i'm not really up to date,
the last IR's i've purchased were the HGE Essentials.

Is there a V4 version of the 4x12 MESA cab?

The V4 (unofficial nickname that kinda stuck) series has a new capture method, new mic mixes, and most libraries have two different speakers shot per cab. Also they sound awesome.

The OH site currently has "V4" versions of the Mesa OS Slant and Mesa Traditional Slant with both 60 and 70 watt V30s. A V4 Mesa OS Straight cab will be released in the near future.

I think Kevin NAILED this AC30 though. I actually really like how the Blue and Black Back play off of each other. And Q2.00....it's just getting silly how good the Axe sounds.

looking forward to the straight cab, thanks for the info man! :)

I just got these cabs ... Its actually been a while since I bought any but I've been listening to demos of people with new cab packs
and I'm thinking wow these sound great. So the moral to the story is " They have come a long way " and wow these cabs are just sound incredible.

Hey everybody!

Here are some clips of the newly released V4 OwnHammer 212 VX30 Impulse Response Library, which contains not only the iconic Alnico Blue speakers, but also the venerable vintage 'black back' 55 Hz G12M-25's.

This library also contains an additional microphone, the SM58. All guitar and bass are using FAS Quantum 2 amps, and OwnHammer speaker cabinet IR's. Fun fact - the bass in the second clip is actually using IR's from the Vox!

Enjoy!

There are some wonderful and chiming tones from these new IRs. I was also really surprised at the chunkiness of the bass track on the second clip!! :D

There are some wonderful and chiming tones from these new IRs. I was also really surprised at the chunkiness of the bass track on the second clip!! :D

I agree, and really like the chime and openness to the sound of these IRs. For the bass part in the second clip, I wanted to lay down a scratch bass part and forgot to switch over to my bass patch. I actually really ended up liking the boxiness and punch of the bass with the VX30 cab, so I just kept it and added a little EQ on the low end to give it a little more chunk. I ended up saving it as an "indie bass" patch and really dig it.

Hey everybody!

Enjoy!

What's the name of this tune??? Catchy! :)

What's the name of this tune??? Catchy! :)

I'm glad you like it. Neither of the clips have names yet. They're both sketches for some other things I'm working on at the moment, but I think they'll end up being pretty cool. Thanks for the comment.

Back
Top Bottom