Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agvs

Please!
I know that 'FX8 and AX8 were not designed with global blocks in mind' or something but I tell you, as a long time fractal user it's a huge disappointment.
In my case at least, I don't carry a laptop to every gig and last minute edits are something that leave FX8 edit out of the question. And I know many of you feel the same about this too.
I'm very, very happy with the quality of the effects on the unit and all, it is truly awesome.
Even so, when I got my FX8 I just assumed that global blocks were there like an obvious thing, only to find out they were not. Bummer.
In fact the whole point in getting the unit for me was: fractal FX in the pedalboard + no need to carry out the rack + relay switch + GLOBAL BLOCKS.
Maybe you are saving this feature for the FX8 mark II or whatever and if that's the case I'll be bummed even more so.
I don't know if it's a hardware limitation or what it is, just add global blocks and it's perfect.

Last edited:
I keep wondering if not having it in mind = not possible due to system's limitations. They never said it is due to system limitations which would silence everyone. at that point it becomes we cannot have it as a apposed we did not intent for you to get it

A work around could surely be implemented. Global controllers would do it. Seems like a lot of people on both ax8 and fx8 and making noise about this. You guys a pretty smart there, I, sure something could be done

I bet it drives the guys at FAS crazy when people say things like that. Global blocks is my number one wish. But considering that the ax and fx guys already hit CPU limitations no one would want to further tax the CPU to have global blocks big cliff had a way to do more I bet the number one wish would be to make the verb use less CPU

I certainly don't want more CPU overhead, I'd happily lose/disable a lot of the background things to milk out a bit more power for the effects.

No Envelope? That would suck. It's absolutely required for some stuff.
Anyway, this discussion is moot.

Being able to assign parameters to the knobs on the FX8 could be a work around for this. See my post on assigning the knobs specific functions like the amount of gain on an overdrive. Adjusting a parameter on the fly would be easier.

This conversation is moot. It isn't going to happen. If you need Global Blocks, choose the Axe-Fx.

This conversation is moot. It isn't going to happen. If you need Global Blocks, choose the Axe-Fx.
Can you respond in regards to the possibility of some global controllers? I've mentioned it several times and it seems like it would be a viable work around. It could solve the global lead boost issue as well as many others.

Can you respond in regards to the possibility of some global controllers? I've mentioned it several times and it seems like it would be a viable work around. It could solve the global lead boost issue as well as many others.

i see a couple of things going on here.
1. fractal had to cut some corners to make a $1300 unit with many of he features and all the sound quality of the $3000 flagship. they chose to make two different sets of compromises, aimed at different target audiences.
2. we, the consumers, are used to cliff adding tons of features to the flagship product, and assume that it'll be easy for him to do the same with the lower end products, not realizing that the lower end products are constrained in ways the flagship isn't.
3 so, the choice is pretty simple. get a $1300 unit that does most of what you want, and maybe add an external midi foot switch that can be quickly configured to add a volume boost, (or get an amp with a solo feature), or get a $3000 unit that can do everything.

you made it clear it isn't going to happen with this unit. not that I want to keep breaking your balls but, is there a possibility that you will keep this in mind for the next iteration of FX8 (mark II or whatever the name will be)?

If you really require global blocks, you should really consider getting an AxeFX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom