New Cab Pack! OBOT THE ROBOT

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
OBOT THE ROBOT "The Dynamount Sessions" is a new Cab Pack containing 145 UltraRes™ User Cab files featuring a variety of captures from four different speakers across three speaker cabs. This is the first pack captured using our new DynaMount, a remote microphone positioner that brings a new level of control to the art of mic placement. To be clear, these are not "robotic" sounds -- rather, the awesome DynaMount gives the precision to achieve the best of classic, vintage and modern tones—better, faster—from every speaker and microphone combination. The proof is in what you'll hear, and we think these are some of our best captures to date.

http://shop.fractalaudio.com/OBOT_THE_ROBOT_UltraRes_Cab_Pack_p/fas-801-0025.htm
160523---Cab-Pack-Obot.png

Speaker cabinets:
  • 1x12 Carol-Ann : loaded with a Scholz Classic.
  • 1x12 IIC+ : based on an all-original Mesa Boogie 1x12 Mark IIC+ Combo.
  • 4x12 AX GB and 4x12 AX V30 : based on a well-worn Marshall 1960AX 4x12 loaded with both Greenbacks and V30s.
Mics:
  • Shure SM57
  • Royer R121
  • Beyerdynamic M160
  • Sennheiser e906
  • Audio-Technica AT4047
  • Plus "Room A" and "Room B" captures of each cab.

Is that carol ann the same as the TripTik cab from an older cab pack? I think weekly of that old cab pack and keep thinking I need to buy it but now....

Never felt the need for other then the Fractal cabs and some of the user created IRs that come with it.
But this one was too tempting. And didn't disappoint. Very happy with my first extra cab-pack.
Allready replaced some of the cabs in my prestes with new 'Robot' ones.

Not sure how / where to use the Room A and Room B. It's the cab mike'd from a distance so you have a lot of pre-added roomreverb and low definition / colouring from the cone but a lot of the room? Can someone explain more about the how and why and use? (Parallel with cab1 as a cab2?)

Last edited:
Which driver?
EVM-12L?
Celestion C-90?
or ??
  • 1x12 Carol-Ann : loaded with a Scholz Classic -- one of our favorite guitar speakers!
  • 1x12 IIC+ : based on an all-original Mesa Boogie™ 1x12 Mark IIC+ Combo.
  • 4x12 AX GB and 4x12 AX V30 : based on a well-worn Marshall 1960AX 4x12 loaded with both Greenbacks and V30s.
Microphones:

• Shure™ SM57
  • Royer™ R121
  • Beyerdynamic™ M160
  • Sennheiser™ e906
  • Audio-Technica™ AT4047
  • Plus "Room A" and "Room B" captures of each cab!

• 1x12 Carol-Ann : loaded with a Scholz Classic -- one of our favorite guitar speakers!
  • 1x12 IIC+ : based on an all-original Mesa Boogie™ 1x12 Mark IIC+ Combo.
Microphones:

• Shure™ SM57
  • Royer™ R121
  • Beyerdynamic™ M160
  • Sennheiser™ e906
  • Audio-Technica™ AT4047
  • Plus "Room A" and "Room B" captures of each cab!
This does not tell him which speaker in that boogie cab

Back
Top Bottom