MC-6. Small, fully programmable midi controller

Max Haze

Inspired
I bought the MC-6 from MorningstarFX a while ago. But I need to tell you that this is a midi controller that really blows my mind. Because it is fully programable you are able to do so much with it and set it up just the way you want it. I don't need to say that much more. I go true it in the video. Enjoy...

Last edited:
This might be a really cool addition to an AX8 if you want just a few more buttons for something like scene control without adding a lot of space to your board. Thanks for posting this!

Reactions: sam
Yes this is a great way to add more control to your other gear. There is a MC6+ out now that has got a little bit bigger space between the buttons and two expression pedal inputs. I am doing a video about that pedal soon. But you can go and check it out on the MorningstarFX website...

This might be a really cool addition to an AX8 if you want just a few more buttons for something like scene control without adding a lot of space to your board. Thanks for posting this!
I'm thinking of getting one. It seems ideal for a few more switches with the FX8 and AX8, or even a grab and go Axe rig. I might have to make it a live stream donate goal to get one to me though.

But I did buy the MC6. No I am not affiliated to Morningstarfx. I really like the midi pedal and that is why I did the video for it. Just like all the other videos I have done about guitar gear. Because I have seen a lot of gear videos during the years I wanted to "pay back" by doing my own gear videos. With the hope to help somebody else. I thought that the MC6 was great to use with the Axe Fx so I wanted to tell more people about that. As simple as that. If I would have earned any money from this I would have understand your comment...

I bought the pedal first and then I was in contact with the guy who runs Morningstarfx and we started to talk about the pedal and I shared a few thought that I had about it. I realised that posting that I was working with Morningstarfx was a bit of the truth because I didn't get any money from it. What you found was in the news section and we wrote it so it would sound a bit bigger than it was. Sorry...

Cool nice to hear that I could be to any help. For smaller gigs this is a super board. I would like to get two small expression pedals and make a little grab and go pedalboard. The Axe Fx II is the least I need to bring but I could do with just a small board like this some times. The MC6 that is in the video I bought to be able to control the looper function. That works great...

Cool let me know what you think. I have only scratched the surface on the MC6+ that i got. You might come up with something that I havn't tried...

Cool device! I see two midi connectors in MC6+ instead of just one in MC6. I assume MC6+ have midi input. What messages can be recognized and processed by MC6+?

Cool device! I see two midi connectors in MC6+ instead of just one in MC6. I assume MC6+ have midi input. What messages can be recognized and processed by MC6+?

It's a MIDI in and a MIDI out port.

I'm not sure of the full capabilities of the ports, but I do know it will let you use multiple MC6+'s together. I'm quite tempted to grab a second one so I can have one for presets and one for scenes.

It's a MIDI in and a MIDI out port.

I'm not sure of the full capabilities of the ports, but I do know it will let you use multiple MC6+'s together. I'm quite tempted to grab a second one so I can have one for presets and one for scenes.

Ooooh, that's a great idea!!

Could it be set up to do hold for X/Y?

Yup. It has quite a few command options you can assign to each button including:

PC message
CC Message
CC Toggle Value
CC Toggle Hold
CC Toggle Number
Note On
Note Off
Midi Clock
Midi Clock Tap
Smn BkUp
Smn BkDn
Smn Srl Up
Smn Srl Dn

Using CC Toggle Hold you can do a hold for X/Y.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom