Like the Bogner pedals? You got them already!

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
The new Bogner pedals (Ecstasy Blue, Ecstasy Red, Uberschall) are awesome.

But what do you know, you've got these in your Axe-Fx already! :surprise:

How? Turn the equivalent Amp block type into a preamp pedal:

- Insert an additional Amp block before the main Amp block in your preset. In that block:
- select Euro Blue, Euro Red or Euro Uber.
- turn off poweramp simulation by setting SAG to 0 ("p.a. off").
- set Presence/HiCut to "5" for a neutral setting.
- The main (last) Amp block in the preset should be set to a rather clean tone for best results, just like when using a distortion pedal with a real amp.
- Assign a switch on your footcontroller to the 2nd amp's CC.

Should work in 4CM setups too.

Another good thing: this method requires way less CPU usage than a Drive block.

Last edited:
Man those videos (especially the first) kicked my ass when I first saw them... Greg V. has some talent with more than just guitars. I've played the Uber and the Blue pedal into a couple of traditional amp rigs now and the Blue is just killer.

Thanks for the tip on this one Yek- I'll try this out this weekend. Something to remember for running the AXE into the front end of an amp, which I'm about to start experimenting with. Cheers..

I've been using that method since quite some time actually... you can turn pretty much any amp into a pedal, much like in the real world you can get pedals based on Plexis, Tweeds or anything else... ;)

Super yek! Out of curiousity - did you buy the pedals to a/b test it, or is this based on logic or comperison over the net?

Been trying it today, made a setup with a 65 Bassguy and the bogner block with x/y for scenes 2 and three, one being the blue and the other one the red. The latter for leads and the first for crunch. In other words we get a Bogner Blue/Red custom tailored pedal. Ive set the tonestack to xtc, presence to 5, and the rest was minor mods to acquire the right response and tone. Creamy goodness, pedal grit and great definition.

Great tip Alexander!

Try the Bludojai lead instead of a Euro in front of a Vox AC30! Gorgeous!!

Cool tip - I've been using the Euro Blue as the "Blue Bogner pedal" this way for quite some time either to goose a clean(-ish) amp model in the Axe II or with my real tube amps, either in 4CM or just before a combo like my Carr Rambler.

I actually bought the Blue and Red Bogner pedals for a small board, but as I tested them into my Carr Rambler vs the "virtual blue & Red Bogner pedals"/Euro Blue & Red preamp, I greatly preferred the "virtual Bogners" into the Rambler - I made a virtual pedal board instead and took the Bogner pedals back.

There was a thread about this a while back with at lot of cool tips regarding this subject.
There are a lot of cool combinations to be had when using Bogner, Plexi, Dumble style & Friedman amps as preamps/"pedals" into clean amps like Fenders (BF + Tweed), Voxes, Swart (Nuclear) and cleanish vintage Marshall amp sims.

I've used amp blocks with real amps as a pedal and they sound great as long as you dial them in properly, especially on non master volume amps.

Back
Top Bottom